Heat Pad or Stand for UDS?

trance309

Reaction score
Hi , im almost finished with my UDS build. I wil be putting the smoker on the back patio (concrete) but it is painted, do they make a mat or pad i can use not to burn the patio paint? Or should i just make a stand? If i should make a stand how high should i make it so i don't harm patio paint.

Ty

You can get those pads from lowes. Then go a step further by placing 3 or 4 bricks between the mat and the uds.

I put three caster wheels on the bottom of my UDS. They make about a 3 inch gap from the bottom of the barrel. I use mine on a cedar deck without problems. I do suggest using one of those BBQ pads under it though just to keep the surrounding area clean. I tend to spill a lot.

I put three caster wheels on the bottom of my UDS. They make about a 3 inch gap from the bottom of the barrel. I use mine on a cedar deck without problems. I do suggest using one of those BBQ pads under it though just to keep the surrounding area clean. I tend to spill a lot.

Yep. Plus it catches any grease that might leak out down the side of barrel. I've got a permanent grease ring on my deck!

I like Wheels it makes moving it around easy
uds007-1.jpg

Wheels for me, I roll them out of shop for use and back in when done. They never see rain. When smoking during rain I do it under patio cover.
y4ypyjeh.jpg

azatabep.jpg

Two straight wheels on back and a big bolt in front for me. The bolt on front is just a third leg. Keeps it from moving around on the wheels and is cheep. Garage door handle on front. Just lift up and pull to move around. I got my wheels from Harbor Freight for like $4 each. Highly recommended.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Back