New grill/smoker not a egg but it did good on the tri-tip

got14u

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
it's about a quarter of the price and it was a early fathers day gift. so here it is

3fcb6064.jpg

all put together
a70a4cd8.jpg

the inside
904ad948.jpg

went and got some try-tips at sam's club while we were there today and seasoned one up with some Marvelous cherry rub and the other with some tatonka dust. I over cooked them a little for the wife and I don't mind to a point. These both came out just about how I planned. Smoked with some hickory and then reverse seared at the end. Both reached the high 150's
Here are some pics for ya and we all loved both, the cherry flavor really came through on these for a different twist on a beef flavor profile. The tatonka dust really reminded me of a classic bbq flavor, yet I couldn't place the flavors. I am a fan for sure.

This cooker was easy to use and control the temps, even on a windy day here in Casper (go figure). I was able to lower the temps with no problem and also raise them when I wanted. It cruised at 265 for about 2 hours before I decided to crank it up for the finally….Then I remember I had tanking out two chubs of sausage to smoke for later, so I cranked it back down to around 225 with no problem. I would recommend one so far, at least after this smoke. Only time will tell if I change my mind or not.

34e79539.jpg

78538170.jpg

on they go
68f9cc14.jpg

sliced and diced
db95b88f.jpg

Plated and ready for some abuse
e7bba052.jpg

723fe060.jpg

Last edited:
Love the cooker, love the tri tips.

Could of pulled them off 10-15 degrees sooner. :blabla:

This is the snoker Menard's is selling, I think. From what I've seen, it's sold at several different stores in different colors, but it seems like the structure and features are the same whether it's the Menard's or Lowe's version.

"insulated heat for juicy meat"! I would love to meet the marketing guru who came up with that slogan! :)

Best of luck with the cooker! Looks great!

Fire inspires!

got that right, if it wasn't for the wife I would have for sure.
Love the cooker, love the tri tips.

Could of pulled them off 10-15 degrees sooner. :blabla:

It is we got it at Menards. Not bad for the money at all.
This is the snoker Menard's is selling, I think. From what I've seen, it's sold at several different stores in different colors, but it seems like the structure and features are the same whether it's the Menard's or Lowe's version.

got that right, if it wasn't for the wife I would have for sure.

I wondered about that too. Next time, smoke it to med. rare, cut your part off and over cook the rest for the wife. You both win that way.:thumb:

Back