• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dr. BBQ's Ultimate Pitmasters Class in England

drbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm coming out of retirement to do a little International Initiative of my own with a cooking class in England. It's April 28th in Central England and will be a one day affair. This class will be about cooking competition BBQ both in Europe and in the US. I may be a little old but I did win two contests in 2011 and I am in the Jack pool for 2012 so I've got plenty to share.

We have the sight secured and I'm assured that it's excellent. More soon, I just wanted to get the date out there for all of my European friends.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Leading the way in the UK !!!!!!!

I've taken Dr. BBQ's class in 2004. It was the most intense, hands-on class I've taken! It gave me the tools in the beginning to go from a backyarder wanna-be to a confident competitor. This will be a great ideal class for our European friends to best learn what we do here in the U.S. I would suspect this class to fill up quickly !!

There is going to be a seriously mad rush to get a spot in this class and I know people already in the starting blocks waiting on the gun. :phone:

Ray's class was the very first BBQ Class I ever took. Very hands on and a great introduction to competition BBQ. That was 7 years ago and I still put some of the tools I learned there to use. I am glad our friends from across the pond will get the opportunity to learn from him.

I've learned a lot from Ray and consider him a good friend. It's not JUST because of what I've learned either. It's because Ray will answer a question, and tell me what he thinks. Not, what he thinks I want to hear. It's a quality that isn't nearly as common as it used to be. Take the class!

Last edited:
Several of us here on Long Island had the pleasure of taking one of Ray's classes a few years ago. I too consider Ray a good friend and he is a tremendous resource in the world of BBQ.
Good luck Ray on your England endeavor; I am sure it will be great.
Cheers.

If yer gonna do a Southern California initiative, holler!

See Ray, hell, people around here want you to do a class!.. So, for my friends across the pond, that there alone should tell you something !!

Very cool! Congrats Ray! Now...I gotta put in a plug for us up here in the PNW...we'd love to have you! :thumb:

Ray was there several years ago. Why didn't you take the class then, I did!

Depends on how long ago he was here...I've only been serious about competition bbq for about 3 years....last time I knew of Ray being in Seattle was at our first Big Green Egg festival...:cool: That said...if you ever get back up this way Ray...sign me up! :thumb:

Great gig ray! Do you need a beautiful assistant to accompany u while sandy shops? :) I have new aprons.

I helped Ray with his class in 04 and it got rave reviews. One of the best hands on classes ive been too.. Highly recommended.

Anyone have pics of that chicken box?

Back