Thread: Sorry guys.
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Sorry guys.

We were subject to an inappropiate/oversized/over the line/XXXX graphic/avatar posted on our board tonight. I apologize to all members who were ambushed by that and sorry I didnt catch it right away. Thanks to all the members who sent me the PM's and emails. Without them it would have been up until I got to the forum.

Ultimately, I'm responsible for what goes up and take this stuff personally. That stuff is not and will never will be tolerated on our board. Again guys, Sorry for the ambush. Hopefully, will not happen again.

Time to step back and re-evaluate.... that includes woodpile.

Followup: MEMBERS.

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR PASSWORDS ARE SECURE.

DO NOT USE SIMPLE PASSWORDS THAT ARE EASILY GUESSED

IF YOUR USING A COMMON WORD, EMBED A NUMBER OR CHARACTER SOMEWHERE IN IT.

PASSWORDS CAN BE CHANGED FROM THE USER MENU, "MY ACCOUNT" SETTING ON THE HOME PAGE. IF YOU NEED HELP SEND ME, A MODERATOR OR EXPERIENCED MEMBER A PM AND WE WILL WALK YOU THRU IT. .

Followup II.

Here is what seems to have happened.

The avatar in question was a linked avatar... Linked from another server in the northwest or canada.

Unbeknown to our member, the photo was changed on the source server at 1:30PM yesterday. That caused that graphic photo to be disseminated to any and all workstations that linked to it and it appeared all over our board. Being it was an avatar, it was attached to all posts by a member. It was not a hack, or a compromised logonID/password, and we can't be completely positive that the server owner was even aware of what he was doing. This is a first time for us and hopefully a last.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote