• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

iGrill Bluetooth Probe - Anyone try this?

Bacon_99

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just curious. Got a bluetooth speaker to go with my Ipod touch so I can listen to tunes while grilling and got thinking how cool it would be to have a bluetooth probe since bluetooth has a longer range than other wireless products and seems to never drop. Unfortunately, when I googled it, someone already thought of this great idea (so much for quitting my job to invent and sell these :twisted:)

Anyway - wonder if any of you have heard of this and tried it out?

http://www.igrillinc.com/

Looks really cool. I don't have an iphone though so would be nice for them to expand to other devices.

I bet the probe would work with other devices - problem is that other devices such as android or blackberry devices would require someone to create an app for them...

I wish I had an Iphone but was glad to see it works with an Ipod... If only I have an extra $100 laying around :laugh:

I saw the igrill at the apple store.. 100 bucks and looks like it only does meat.. just like every other digital thermo.. would be nice if they made one just for pit temps..

It can do pit temps just fine I'm sure, just stick it through a piece of wood or a potato! That's what I do with my current oven probe, that being said I am gonna buy one of these this week I think

Just saw the FAQ on the website - will work with Android smart phone sometime this year as it appears they are working on an app...

Fatdaddy - bet if enough people mentioned they wanted to probe pit temps they would find a way to do it. I just want something that has a better range than my ET-71...

It can do pit temps just fine I'm sure, just stick it through a piece of wood or a potato! That's what I do with my current oven probe, that being said I am gonna buy one of these this week I think
Im sure it can, but the program from what i read and looked at models at the et73 etc. as in done temps for the different cuts of meat etc. I want one that is specifically for oven/pit temps.. especially for 100 bucks lol

Says right on the details page:
Capable of tracking temperatures up to 400°F (204°C).

Should be ok for most cooks as a cooker monitor.

Back