Tea & Lemonade for 150

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
To go along with MattG's tea post, I will be serving a buffet in a few weeks for 150 guests for 1.5 hours. I will be serving tea and lemonade. I was figuring on using 12 oz cups and had an idea of probably 16-20oz per guest. Anyone have an idea on the split as to how much tea will they drink vs lemonade?

Also what is the best way to go about sweet tea? I know Sysco sells a tea concentrate they say caterers like but it is unsweet. I thought about the powder mix that Sams sells also. I don't really care to fresh brew 10 to 15 gallons of tea if I don't have to. I would rather buy gallon jugs of water and mix as needed on site.

Oh yea, how many lbs of ice would you have on hand for this?

For 150 I would take 20 ounces per person, 50/50 split. Plan on about 8 ounces of ice per person. I'd grab 4 - 20# bags, and also put a 20# in each 10 gallon cambro.

Would knowing it was all college girls change those numbers jbrink01? I guess I should have stated that before, that it will be all sorority girls.

I make my lemonade out of Reallemon and sugar. Throw a few cut lemons in it. You?

Well I am not sure, last yeat I caterered all year and everyone chose to do the drinks themselves. This year it seems that everyone wants us to do drinks. I was thinking about the large cans of CountryTime Powder mix but I like your idea much better. Do you have a ratio/recipe you can recommend/share on making lemonade in bulk using pure lemon juice?

Well I am not sure, last yeat I caterered all year and everyone chose to do the drinks themselves. This year it seems that everyone wants us to do drinks. I was thinking about the large cans of CountryTime Powder mix but I like your idea much better. Do you have a ratio/recipe you can recommend/share on making lemonade in bulk using pure lemon juice?

ReaLemon from Sam's and the recipe is on the bottle. I go a little heavy on the sugar, and actually prefer to make a simple syrup out of the sugar wih a touch of the water before mixing. For a 10 Gallon Cambro, I use 1/2 a bag of Sam's club lemons.

PS - I include drinks in my catered price as a means of justifying my higher price. We'll discuss it in my catering class this fall!

Small gig yesterday, 50 people. Made two gallons tea and two gallons lemonade and had plenty. Served in 8 oz cups well chilled. Fresh lemons and oranges, simple syrup made with Agave and evaporated cane juice to dissolve easier. Charged an extra 3 bucks per person.

Back