Another round of rate my box

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Here ya go. Dont go crazy with the comments. I know they are not trimmed properly ( i was so damn sick of tired of all the trimming i typically do , these were 3 packs trimmed in 15 minutes) I know the parsley is a bit rough (It was my sons first time make putting greens and I though he did a great job, the extra parsley was put in to cover bone ends) Just a number from 2-9.I will reveal the scores some time later

Last edited:

the two on the bottom right should be flipped so the leg joints are all pointed in the same direction... I think would of given it a bit more uniform appearance even though the trim
is 'natural'. Tidy up the box a bit and I give it an 8

On your top two pieces there are a few places that I would touch up with sauce. For example, on the top right thigh, the bottom left of the thigh has a spot that stands out. The parsley kind of detracts from the chicken a bit because it seems a little sloppy. I'm not sure I'd see all this in a 5-7 second glance. I love the color!

7-8

now lets see that pork box.

very cool your son helped out!

now lets see that pork box.

8. I want to bite that middle piece on the left. I like real chicken.

Since judges are directed to judge only the meat's appearance, I'd say 8 or 9. The triming seems fine and the color of the chicken looks great. Maybe they appear to be a tad bit over sauced, but maybe that's the picture. I can't really find too much to criticize with respect to the appearance of the meat, and the meat only. I'd surely look forward to biting into any one of them.

That seems a little harsh. Doesn't a 5 score equal 'average'. Far from "total crap" don't you think?

[Mod Note: Methinks that was just some friendly BSing between friends there, fishboys. I thought of pulling your two comments, but I didn't want Jacked Up to be classified as an arse without some explanation. ;) ]

Back