View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
worthsmokin
Full Fledged Farker

Smile Just Ordered Vending Trailer

Hey everyone here on the Brethren,

I have been a member here for awhile but do not post much. I am very active on www.thepickledpig.com but they do not do very much on vending. I am a fulltime firefighter and and have been doing roadside vending a couple times a month for about a year. I built a smoker winter of 09' and that is the first time I ever smoked. Since then I have became obsessed with bbq. I started competing this year and have had good success getting some calls in KCBS and won my first GC this weekend in non-kcbs comp. I do understand how much work it is but am very dedicated. I am just looking to make my job vending much easier and having everything self contained.

I have just ordered a Extreme BBQ Concession trailer with completion date for middle of September. It is a 28' enclosed with a 6' back porch (22' interior) bumper pull. Going on trailer will be a stumps clone from their platinum line and am estimating it to cook around 500lbs of butt and will have a stoker to help power it.

On the interior it has a 3 bay sink with double washboard. The items not included in my purchase and need to get ordering are 17 cf fridge, 17 cf freezer, 4' prep table, heated cabinet, 4 bay steam table, storage cage, and a interior service window counter. I am not doing a stove or fryers because I did not want to worry about the vent or suppression system.

Is there anything that is not listed that is a must have? Or are some items that I have listed not big enough or can do without? I have most of the smaller items as I have been competing and vending. Just want to get some feedback on your favorite items you cant live without. You will hear plenty more from me so please dont get annoyed.

Thanks,

Tyler
worthsmokin is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->