So embarrasing

S

smknhotmama

We went to Charlottesville this weekend for an apple harvest festival. Great time. I somehow managed to come home with $100.00 worth of apples....WOW. Anyway made it my personal mission to find great BBQ while there. After the GPS dropped our 3 vehicle caravan off in the middle of an industrial park then a Q restaurant that was replaced with a fine dining spot my local friends took over. We lost one party in the caravan (they had two cranky kids- totally understandable versus my one). They took me to Belmont Barbecue.................And all I can say is WOW!
I had to pull out the camera and shoot some photos..MY husband almost crawled under the table...Jack wanted to know why and random people just stared! So I think I've taken the food chronicles a bit far at this point!

My friend's kid and the apple harvest

Attachments

• editCarter Mountain Apple Picking 093.jpg
    editCarter Mountain Apple Picking 093.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 358
Last edited by a moderator:
Below are the ribs, the LARGE sammie....Cheesey Taters and soem Bad A## Baked Beans!

Attachments

• Carter Mountain Apple Picking 125.jpg
    Carter Mountain Apple Picking 125.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 356
  • Carter Mountain Apple Picking 126.jpg
    Carter Mountain Apple Picking 126.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 354
  • Carter Mountain Apple Picking 127.jpg
    Carter Mountain Apple Picking 127.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 353
Great pron! I love trying out places I've never been before. Glad you had the desire to take pics and share!

Great photos and it looks like a good score at the apple orchard.

I don't recall where I read the story about taking pictures in a barbecue joint... but the jist of it was that one of the guys told the waitress they were scouts for Food Network, and they wound up with a big combo platter on the house, and really good service. :biggrin:

Love the Pics. Food looks great. Great Pic of your son with the apples. He looks like he will make sure no one will get them

Wow!!! Thanks for the pron,,,that Sammie looks good about now...

The pulled pork looks great...

My measure for a good BBQ joint is pulled pork. Most just don't cook the pork long enough or cook it too fast.

Apple butter in the making?

Great shots... good job with the camera! And it's always a good thing to find good restaurant bbq.

Nice score on the apples!:cool: Food looks good too. Can't wait to see some good apple pron!:cool:

did you get donuts at the orchards? around here its a tradition for the orchards to have warm cider and fresh donuts ....... they are the best!

Is that festival up on the mountain near Monticello?

There are too many great festivals going on. Just cant attend them all but wish I could. I went to the Garlic Festival down in Amherst this wknd. And I'm pretty sure there was an apple festival up at Graves Mountain Lodge.

Great looking BBQ, apples and a young man!!

Check out Cowgirls Smoked Apple Dumpling pron. You'll use up a lot of those apples
pretty quick.

Back