Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello Brethren,

Well the smoke from California's biggest wildfire is supposed to settle back on our mountain over night after a week long break. So, I thought I would get a little more outdoor cooking in tonight before the smoke gets too heavy to do much. We cut timber all day, each day on the fire break in the smoke. So I feel like cooking some smokeless dinners these day. Never thought I would say that!

Anyway, Sliced up some boneless, skinless, chicken breast tonight. rolled them in egg, covered with some pancake mix with salt, pepper, garlic and cayenne. Then fried them up in the skillet out on the deck. Next to the chicken I sliced up some red potatoes and fried them up in some oil in the DO. I added some seasoning to the potatoes that we have had in the cupboard forever. Rolled the chicken in some Frank's at the very end.

dod1.jpg

dod2.jpg

dod3.jpg

dod4.jpg

dod5.jpg

dod6.jpg

dod7.jpg

dod8.jpg

dod9.jpg

dod10.jpg

dod11.jpg

The chicken tasted great and was very moist. And I'm still snacking on the chips.

Last edited:
I'd hit that hard.... my kind of finger food. Looks delicious Josh! :-D

Those wild fires are horrific. I'd send any extra rain your way if it were possible.

Now that looks like some real good chicken. It's got to be crisp to be done right.
You done it right and in cast iron, no better flavor

That looks fantastalicious :) Hey, can you tell me about pancake mix, that you rolled your chicken in? Thanks .)

It was just a couple cups of Krusteaz with maybe a tbs of black pepper and salt with probably a tsp of cayenne and about a half tsp of granulated garlic. mixed all that up. covered the chicken in egg and then rolled the chicken in the mix just before putting it into the skillet. Hope that helps.

Noticed the nail polish on the first picture. Is that the lovely wife or do you have something to tell the brethren? :confused:

A little help from the Mrs. Is always nice. So yes. Those are her hands in the photo. She does not cook, but she does a fine job with prep. Everything I need to start cooking is usually out and ready when I get home after work.

man that chicken looks good! and im doing those chips during my next camping trip.

my wife's cousin is a forest service firefighter, she flys into fight these multiple times a year... i think shes been to cali two or three times this year. stay safe out there!

Back