Deboned Chicken basted with Bacon Fat! Pron

Reosed

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
The other day I was browsing the net and I saw a video of how to debone a chicken and instantly thought, I could do that.

ChefSteps.com asked if they could post the below photo on their Facebook page, so I thought I should share it here too, since yall taught me about smoking and how to build a UDS. Thanks guys!

So here is my Brined Deboned Chicken stuffed with sausage, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, and fresh sage. Smoked at 300-350F and basted with bacon fat! I flipped the bird twice to get all of the skin a nice golden brown. The skin was bite through with none of it pulling off!

1422505_803974066307324_6825726710115783517_n.jpg

It really is a joy to slice into a bird that you deboned,
Reo

Sorry, I was being lazy. I don't have a photo of that bird sliced up, but I do have some of my second bird.

This is a deboned bird, stuffed with cajun sausage, rubbed with cajun spices, and basted with bacon fat. Cooked in the same manner as the first.

20141021_231213.jpg

And here it is sliced up!

20141022_134135.jpg

That was for some guys at work that were putting in crazy hours doing server migrations. I was up all night with them and started cooking this for them at about 2am. I knew they all had to be in the office the next day so I was sending them lots of pictures of it to keep them motivated! I also made this Onion Cheese Bread for them. It was a pretty good meal.

20141022_012230.jpg

I won't be so lazy next time I say there is pron in my thread.

Cheers,
Reo

I'm a french trained chef and what you just made is a Chicken Galantine. One of my favorite dishes to make. I like to remove the meat from the skin, take the dark meat and 1 breast and turn it into a sausage. I marinate the other breast and place it in the center of the sausage.

Amazing cook and great job.

To the OP...looks good...I like cooking birds that way as well..

I like to remove the meat from the skin, take the dark meat and 1 breast and turn it into a sausage. I marinate the other breast and place it in the center of the sausage.

Do you have any pics of this method or a link...thanks

Thanks guys, both of them were pretty tasty!

Whoa, that link looks pretty impressive. I could see doing a turducken kind of like that.

Reo

Anybody tried this with a turkey?

Seems that it would work the same, though just bigger. I think I would like one filled with a nice fatty sausage stuffing.

Sorry, just realized that I was DeGurred above...

It would work. This is how Turduckens are made. I was pretty close to getting my wife to let me debone the Thanksgiving turkey, but she still wants to fry it up.

Hrmm, deboned fried turkey sounds good now that I put the two together in my head. I guess I don't mind, gets me out of some extra work on a 4 day weekend!

Reo

I was also thinking how nice it would be to drizzle some bacon grease on the bread. Does that make me a bad person?

That looks so damn good. Just all the goodness and simplicity.........and bacon!

Bob

Back