Lime Party!

jmellor

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm the very happy owner of a well loved but new to me lime green Backwoods Party! This smoker was refurbed by Chad Humphrey of Humphrey's BBQ in ME. Chad and Nicole are great folks if you ever get a chance to meet them.

They have some cool smokers of their own I was looking at when I saw this one posted on their Facebook page. Thanks to Kevin aka smokinit as well for answering a ton of BW/Humphrey questions for me...Great guy as well....

Looking forward to getting her fired up this weekend....here are a few pics I took with my phone while cleaning her up tonight.

C9BF18B9-C6C9-4201-A553-36489D22D7E9-43206-0000713E6A96973E.jpg

D1A4EB1B-3BA7-4E86-9CED-EFF27B13A1D1-43206-0000713E59CB8CE5.jpg

F7D425F1-C907-4D4E-9688-192EBC2ADC52-43206-0000713E7979795C.jpg

jmellor,

nice smoker in almost new condition... I love the color...

I bought their "DownEast Beast" and it exceeds all of my expectations. I would recommend their smokers to everybody. A better smoker at a better price. It will out last my life and I hope my son will enjoy it after I have passed on.

It cooks so perfectly well that I freely gave my other 3 smokers away to good homes. I kept a Camp Chef 24
' propane smoker as an outside holding oven or for cooking beans or mac and cheese as it will also hold full size hotel pans.

And as far as Kevin, he's the best, no pressure sales, just facts. Very knowledgeable and stands behind his product and his word.

Last edited:
IamMadman- I saw your down east beast post. Great rig. Someday I hope to get a battle box. But this was a good middle ground financially. Plus Chad did a nice job on the refurb and I expect it will last a while with some minor maintenance over time.

Hdhillin- I thought the color was pretty unique as well.

Will post some pics for sure of the cook.

I had my family throw names into a hat to pick a name for her...

Old Greenie, Sage, Leaf, Percy, & one other I forget were all nominated....

Old Greenie was picked....somehow Kermit wasn't nominated...:shocked:

Looking forward to cooking some ribs this weekend...Have her all cleaned up and ready to go!

Back