Seasoning for Steaks?

Kosher salt, cracked black pepper, granulated garlic. The fam doesn't care for pepper, so I sneak in some finely ground black pepper into the mix when they aren't looking and sprinkle it on steaks 30 min. before going on the grill. I add some more pepper and a pat of butter to my steak after cooking.

S&P and a roasted garlic compound butter is all! Also make a compound butter wit Todds Dirt. Delish

This stuff is amazing. Hands down the best I've had so far for beef anything.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lindberg-Snider-Porterhouse-Roast-Seasoning/dp/B0007Q426U"]Lindberg Snider Porterhouse & Roast Seasoning 14oz.: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

Thanks for all the replies! My internet has been out. To much Rain!

I tried the kosher salt and pepper. It was really good. Trying different things to get my better half away from Dale's steak sauce.

I like T-bones but would rather have a Ribeye.

Thanks Again for the replies!

Taste bud transplant!
I either salt my steaks before cooking or just cook 'em and hit them with some sea salt when they come off the grill and add a scoop of Roasted Garlic and Rosemary compound butter. I guess I'm weird like my steaks to taste like steak.

I am with you. I add a little olive oil and rub with sea salt. Bung them on to a hot grill - half a turn around 90 seconds. Flip at about 3.5 minutes. Another half a return once the grill marking showing and pull off medium rare. Of course all times subject to thickness of steak.. My butcher packs me 300g rib eye steaks.
John

Goya Adobo-sprinkled med/light and even. Right amount of salt, plus some other stuff that goes really well on all meats. It's pretty much my "go-to" while I perfect my own steak rub recipe.

I love to season my steaks with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and granulated onion. It is just enough seasoning so that you taste the steak as well as the seasoning.

I'd recommend simply marvelous peppered cow, it's good stuff. No shame in using some store bought like Montreal, though. I like it....

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bought some T-bones today. Want to try some different seasoning. I'm tired of Dale's. Tried Sea Salt and Ground black pepper last time. Didn't have a good taste. Any Suggestions?

I hate to say it, but sounds like you just don't like steak. anything beyond salt and pepper is too much of a mask IMO.

Montreal seasoning is fantastic, so is Cavenders, but those are basically salt, pepper and garlic (the holy trinity) seasonings.

John Henry's Mojave Garlic is real good on steaks too

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/John-Henrys-Mojave-Garlic-Pepper/dp/B006FFC7NW"]John Henry's Mojave Garlic Pepper Rub: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

Since no one else has brought it up, I'll suggest Todd's Dirt.

Oh, and Southern Flavor is good too.

Montreal has been used more than once at the Yacht Club.

I have found for my tastes its sea salt, black pepper and EVOO. I've tried Montreal and it's too salty for me. YMMV

Back