• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First cook in America

scottjess

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Arrived in America the week before Christmas after selling most of everything we own in New Zealand (including my lovely UDS).

Was poking around the yard of this house we are living in and came across a weber OTS in perfect condition which I will eventually use the lid and what not for a UDS when I get around to building one.

Went to wally world today and purchased a Weber charcoal chimney and some royal oak lump, some steaks and chicken wings along with some Famous Daves BBQ rub.

Lovely weather we have been having in Reno this past week, still snow on the ground so perfect BBQ weather :)

I cant wait to build my UDS, just have to find a supplier to get my drum.

p2k0L.jpg

Welcome to the US! Great lookin' wings. :-D

Welcome to the USA! The Reno area is a beautiful part of the country.

Wings on the grill is one of my favorite meals, your's look great.

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

With a sealed top barrel, how do I use that? just cut the lid out and use the weber lid?

thanks.

With a sealed top barrel, how do I use that? just cut the lid out and use the weber lid?

thanks.

If you can't find a barrel with a removable lid, yes. The poster on CL may know where you could get a barrel with a removable lid.

Welcome to the USA. Nice looking cook!

Bob

Sent from my Android phone.

thanks.

Hello and welcome!

Go down to google search at the bottom of the page. Type in ........
"How to adapt Weber kettle lid to UDS??"

It shows you how to adapt the lid to both open or closed top drums. :)

thanks.

I read on here if you flip it over and cut out the bottom the weber lid fits perfect, never tried it though.

Back