• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pulled pork for the in-laws

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This time want be simple NC style. Got a shoulder on sale, just under 9lbs for 9 bucks. After a long night and a short nap, I'm gonna put some hurry in it. Injected with white grape juice, a little brown sugar, and added some rub to it. Then rubbed it with SM pecan and Fiesta Pork rub. On to the UDS at 250 for the first hr to get some smoke, then gonna run it around. 325 or so. Using RO LUMP with pecan and wild cherry. Planning eating around. 1:30 so wish me luck.

Good luck That seem pretty quick for a shoulder but I have never dne hot and fast Will be interested in your progress

I've done 8-9 lbs butts under 5 hrs before, so I'm hoping I can pull this off in 6 hrs with a one hr rest. We will see what happens.

I do them fast, but not that fast. I plan on a hour per pound, but I also cook at about 300°. If you've done it before, you can do it again. Good luck.

White grape juice, brown sugar, and rub. I'll have to give that a try. I've been using 3/4 apple juice (I prefer simply apple) 1/4 apple cider vinegar and a little of my rub. Been injecting my butts with that for about 15 yrs. now. I also put the same mixture in my foil when I wrap being I roll hot and fast. Good luck on your smoke.

Looks like things are rolling along pretty good.

In the time it took me to post this it is now up to 114 IT.

:pop2: :pop2:

Let me know what time I need to be there. Sounds delicious already!

After 3.5 hrs IT was 173 so I wrapped with a splash of the white grape juice. Back on and running up to 350-375.

Garrett, you have done a butt in 5 hrs? Butts take me longer than anything else. What you cooking on? A ceramic unit? 350?

This!!!!

Been cooking this shoulder now for 4 hrs and 40 mins, IT is at 188, so I'm thinking it will be close to being done by 1:30. Only a probe will tell. And not a temp probe.

Looks like youre gonna make it.
How do you like that fiesta rub? I have seen that here at Academy sports and wondered how good it was.

This!!!!

Been cooking this shoulder now for 4 hrs and 40 mins, IT is at 188, so I'm thinking it will be close to being done by 1:30. Only a probe will tell. And not a temp probe.

That's why you can cook em so fast, your smoker has a racing stripe.

I have 7 lbs picnic on now. Started at 1000. At noon it's 120*.
Cooking at 350. Left skin on.

Back