Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death Wings

Just placed an order for some of your other rubs and sent a PM for the HDD. Hopefully I can get in on this batch too! :pray:

Package #20 arrived at my house on saturday. I like hot stuff but usually steer away from anything "habanero" because it usually just means "hot" and lacks flavor. But when I saw Mike post about this, for some reason I just had to order one and I'm glad I did. The flavor is amazing and yet just the right amount of heat at the same time. My daughter even put just a tiny little bit on her finger and gave it to her cat and he seemed to like it. Well before he made that funny face and ran around the room and then just sat there licking his lips that is. lol.

Anyway, I haven't had time to cook anything with it yet (just got back from Vegas at midnight last night) but these wings look amazing. It's on my list now! As are the chex-mix. I'm going to try it on some popcorn when I get home tonight. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I would like to order some also!

Wow. How many does that make now Mike?
Oh! We're dusting some sweet tater fries tonight with the steak sammiches we're making from the leftover strips. Will probably dust the steaks as well with a little prior to reheating wrapped in foil in the oven to about 130 so as to not overcook.

Wow. How many does that make now Mike?
Oh! We're dusting some sweet tater fries tonight with the steak sammiches we're making from the leftover strips. Will probably dust the steaks as well with a little prior to reheating wrapped in foil in the oven to about 130 so as to not overcook.

Well, I did an inventory last night and we've only got 19 remaining and that doesn't count packages that are already spoken for by folks sending in checks...

I'm truly humbled and amazed! A BIG Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered!

We'll do one more batch of 150 for the official release on the website, then it will be history. :thumb:

Did the wing recipe this weekend, but cut everything in half and used 12 wings.

They came out awesome!

Apparently, my tolerance for hot has decreased some as I had to throw in the towel after 5 wings. Not because I wanted to...

The wife could not seem to get enough and finished off the other 7.

Great overall flavor combination and then the after bite kicks in. I think I'll try them again and reduce the amount of rub next time. A little will go a long way here.

Great job Mike!

I rolled meatballs in the Death Dust and made Moinks last nite. WOW- great flavor and heat explosion. :clap2:

Did the wing recipe this weekend, but cut everything in half and used 12 wings.

They came out awesome!

Apparently, my tolerance for hot has decreased some as I had to throw in the towel after 5 wings. Not because I wanted to...

The wife could not seem to get enough and finished off the other 7.

Great overall flavor combination and then the after bite kicks in. I think I'll try them again and reduce the amount of rub next time. A little will go a long way here.

Great job Mike!

Man, Wes... you're really shaking my preconceptions of Texans... can't cook brisket and can't take the heat!!! :heh: :heh: :becky: :becky: :becky: :thumb: :thumb:

Back