View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #24
gmholler
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Have seen dill pickles and small cheese cubes used also..Not KCBS
The cheese cubes are to cleanse spicy foods from the palate, but they leave a thin film on your tongue...the pickles take this off. Personally, I like using those better than just crackers & water - I find they do a better job for me. But it's up to the organizer to remember to bring them and many times, you're lucky they remember the crackers. Grapes and carrots work good, too, and you'll see those used lots of times.

At some contests, the organizer will pass out baggies with damp/wet washcloths for the judges to clean their hands with - of late, many judges have been bringing these themselves. These are really helpful, since a lot of times it's a real pain to get up from the judging table, find your way to a restroom to clean your hands, and then find your way back to your seat, all before the next round begins. I've seen several organizers provide a case of those individually-wrapped hand wipes and had to tell them sorry, we can't use those (most are scented and will leave a fragrant residue on your hands - remember, part of a person's experience of the BBQ product is affected by the scent).

I don't know, maybe they're going to have to start giving the judges milk to drink between chicken samples - there have been times when I have been almost SURE all the cooks decided to see who could turn in the spicy-est chicken!

Lynn.
gmholler is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->