Marinated London Broil with Pron.

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Started out with a 2.3 # London Broil.
pict0002-3.jpg

Injected and marinated in Butcher's BBQ Marinade for 4 hours.
pict0004-1.jpg

Trimmed the ends of the asparagus, drizzled EVOO and seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic then wrapped with low sodium bacon.
pict0005-2.jpg

Fired up the kettle wit reg, KF and when ready put on the beef and potatoes.
pict0007-1.jpg

Took the London broil to 135 internal and then wrapped in foil. Then added the asparagus to the kettle.
pict0012-1.jpg

The London Broil was perfect for me.
pict0017.jpg

Asparagus and potatoes were done nicely.
pict0016-1.jpg

The finished plate...
pict0018-1.jpg

:-D

Well done sir looks great! How long did the taters take to soften up on the kettle?

Very nice the meat looks perfect. Will have to try asparagus that way. How long did you cook them, and it look as if it was in direct heat

Looks really good! I'm curious about the asparagus too. I usually grill asapragus hot for just a minute or two. I'm guessing these went longer than that!:biggrin:

That looks (running out of advdrbs / adjectives :) Farkin awesome, have the same questions as the brethern above

Well done sir looks great! How long did the taters take to soften up on the kettle?
Taters took about 45 to 50 minutes. Wife suggested to microwave first then foil and put on grill to speed up the process. We'll see :confused:

That tater looks huge!
On sale at the local Vegetable market @ .89 per #.

Very nice the meat looks perfect. Will have to try asparagus that way. How long did you cook them, and it look as if it was in direct heat

I had the coals off to one side, the asparagus and the london broil were done on the side without the grill. Asparagus went for about 10 minutes, turning them half way through and then over the fire for about 40 seconds, before pulling them off the grill. Had a nice crunch on the veggies, bacon could have been crispier...

Looks really good! I'm curious about the asparagus too. I usually grill asparagus hot for just a minute or two. I'm guessing these went longer than that!:biggrin:
10 minutes, turned half way through and then 40 seconds over the heat.

Looks great! I love grilled asparagus. Never was an aspargus fan, but one day my wife made it on the stove top and I thought it was pretty good. After that I figure, Hey! I should try grilling em! So, I drizzled em in olive oil, grilled em and then sprinkle with a ground Salt/Garlic mix. Never go back to the pan again. :)

all looks good 'cept i like my bacon "donner" then that :)

all looks good 'cept i like my bacon "donner" then that :)

With me, this is a VERY popular recipe for asparagus. For those who like the bacon a little more 'done', try laying your bacon slices in a pan over med-low heat for a few minutes per side. The idea is to get the fat to render down a little bit, but NOT start the bacon to crisp up where you can't wrap it around the asparagus. (How long you personally 'pre-cook' it is a function of feel more that a fixed time.) Pull it off and cool the bacon between two pieces of paper towel for a minute or two. Then wrap your asparagus as usual. This pre-cooking technique renders out some of the fat prior to the bacon hitting the grill, resulting in a more crisp end product without reducing the veggie to mush.

Back