Monday cook, late night maybe

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Tonight I am cooking 4 racks of spares, untrimmed and two chuck roasts. No idea what to do with chucks (never been there before mod). One chuck in team allegro marinade, one in my brisket rub with a little vinegar to hold it on. Ribs, two in my regular comp rub, two in Ray "Red" Gill's Razorback pork rub.

Extra pic is my cousins Dale and Brenda Cloud. Finsihed 16th overall TOTY points. Wish I could cook like them!!!:redface:

Attachments

• rib and chucks 001.jpg
    rib and chucks 001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 65
  • rib and chucks 002.jpg
    rib and chucks 002.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 66
  • rib and chucks 003.jpg
    rib and chucks 003.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
two hours into the cook. Smoke'n'pit seems to be hungry tonight. Already added second pecan log at one hour and about 7 pounds more kingsford at two hours. Chucks are at 140. Do you wrap these like a brisket or what?

Last edited:
Looking good! I don't wrap chuckies, but I do flip them 3 or 4 times to keep the sides near the heat from charring.

chucks too about 3 hours. 2.25 pounds each. foiled one hour. wrapped in towels 1.5 hours. Team Allegro a little better than the one I use for brisket. Pics: allegro sliced, rubbed whole, rubbed sliced. Good eats. Just unfoiled ribs.

Last edited:
Ribs done. 5.5 hours. I like the Red Gill's a little better, but it is probably too hot for comps. Maybe I will try finishing with a sweet glaze on the next batch. Freezing rain just started about 20 minutes before they got done.

Last edited:
Back