View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob
Default Saturday Night Dutch Oven Chili Beans....PRON

Well, I spent most of the morning and afternoon moving my woodpile from the side of the house to back behind the shed. There is concrete back there and I'm planning on putting down about 15 yards of concrete all along the side of the house in the spring, so I figured I might as well move it now. I had some pieces that the critters had gotten to and some silver maple and plum that I no longer was using in the smoker. SO, I decided to get the firepit going. Don't know about you guys, but I find it sinful to waste a good fire. Hence, the dutch ovens.
Some bad news, one of the ovens and the lid fell from the counter onto the tile floor. I was expecting to see a busted tile or at least a bad chip. Go figure, the lid was the one that took the hit and cracked. I was pissed that it cracked, but relieved that our tile was spared.

The new pecan pile.

Cracked lid. I'm amazed it didn't split in two.

Beans a boiling.

UDS computer desk.

Beans done, browning the meat.

Now it's time to EAT!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote