Friday night special smoked potroast

Great pics Joe. That recipe is a winner for sure.

Did I get it right that you added the potatos and carrots only 1/2 hour before done?

Smokin Gator said:
Great pics Joe. That recipe is a winner for sure.

Did I get it right that you added the potatos and carrots only 1/2 hour before done?
No, an hour and a half.

soulman said:
I have got to come eat at your restaurant! No kidding. If I am within 200 miles I am going to get there!

Photo’s really do a great job of telling the story! If only it was scratch and sniff!

Sounds like a road trip.

That roast looks awesome as do all the trimmings!!!!!!!

Joe,

I had the chance to give this a try yesterday.

6b7806ac.jpg

Major markdown in price.....I thought beef was going up?

Anyway, smoked it for about 2 hours at 225° with cherry.

df94cf63.jpg

Then into a Nesco roaster until it was fork tender. I put some of the veggies underneath instead of on top. It turned out really good!

dsc01073abc.jpg

3rd I you're killin' me here! Man, that is one fine result there....

Joe, that a good looking roast.. is that your own gravy made from the dripings?.. or is that the can stuff.. i hate when i go out and they kill good meat with can gravy...

Ya know If I wasn't a grown man I would start cryin...... Oh what the hell. The chuck is thawin as I wipe the tears....

You both appear to have done a great job on those roasts. I was just drooling a second ago.

big brother smoke said:
What type of camera do U use 3rd I?

BOT: Nice farkin grub!

I have a Sony DSC H5. Still have not even touched all of the features. It is a big upgrade from my older Sony with 1.3 mega pixels.

I did buy a close up lens so I could get that out-of-focus background thing like on this spearmint flower.

fdad434c.jpg

Dang it a week late and 1500 miles away. Do it again Joe, do it again!

beer list

Joe the roast looked great!! I clicked the link to your BBQ joint and read the menu awesome looking food...but the beer list? Bud, Bud light ok, but could'nt you replace the Natural light with Miller Lite, Shiner or something. :eusa_clap

Hiloboy said:
Joe, that a good looking roast.. is that your own gravy made from the dripings?.. or is that the can stuff.. i hate when i go out and they kill good meat with can gravy...
No way buddy................
Homemade gravy!!!!!
Thank you.

Bevo said:
Joe the roast looked great!! I clicked the link to your BBQ joint and read the menu awesome looking food...but the beer list? Bud, Bud light ok, but could'nt you replace the Natural light with Miller Lite, Shiner or something. :eusa_clap
Good question.
The answer is this:
Alcohol sales account for less than 5% of our total sales.
Most of our visitors are travelers who don't wish to be given any driving awards by DPS. So very few drink, and if they do, they won't have much more than one.

Next, Arizona has a law that states the only Alcohol I sell be bought from a licensed distributor.

So I cannot just pick up a six pack of shiner at Sam's and have it on hand.
I would have to find a distributor to bring it to me.

So being as that I really don't sell that much beer, having twenty distributors bringing me a twelve pack of something would be rediculous.

As far as light goes, we have added Bud light, and also AB's Amber bock.

Thanks for all the other comments!!!!

bbqjoe said:
Good question.
The answer is this:
Alcohol sales account for less than 5% of our total sales.
Most of our visitors are travelers who don't wish to be given any driving awards by DPS. So very few drink, and if they do, they won't have much more than one.

Next, Arizona has a law that states the only Alcohol I sell be bought from a licensed distributor.

So I cannot just pick up a six pack of shiner at Sam's and have it on hand.
I would have to find a distributor to bring it to me.

So being as that I really don't sell that much beer, having twenty distributors bringing me a twelve pack of something would be rediculous.

As far as light goes, we have added Bud light, and also AB's Amber bock.

Thanks for all the other comments!!!!

That is very low % of sales. Is that the same with similar establishments in town? What about happy hour? Heck, I'm a beer drinker, especially when it comes to BBQ.

tony76248 said:
That is very low % of sales. Is that the same with similar establishments in town? What about happy hour? Heck, I'm a beer drinker, especially when it comes to BBQ.
We're the only restaurant around that serves alcohol.
There is a small bar, but they only open when they feel like it, and it's a pretty cliquey joint.

Back