Is anyone going to The Great American BBQ

• Thread starter Chick'n Pig BBQ
  • Start date
C

Chick'n Pig BBQ

Any one going to The Great American BBQ contest? Did any of you go last year? Any comments good or bad?
Thanks
Skip

We went last year, and had a GREAT time. I have a wedding that weekend this year ( 2 actually ) so we are not cooking it -- but I will be partying it up at some other camps. Very well run.

I'll be there Skip. Wasn't there last year but like Andy reported, I hear a lot of good things about it.

GAB is Great!

Did GAB last year. The entire family had a great time. We will be there again this year. All volunteers are great. Site is laid out nice, very family friendly! Top 10 contest in whole country!

Doorbusters said:
Did GAB last year. The entire family had a great time. We will be there again this year. All volunteers are great. Site is laid out nice, very family friendly! Top 10 contest in whole country!

That's good news after the "ordeal" at the Royal last year! Was afraid to let my daughter get more than arm's reach away from us!

Im a new farker here......Gotta jump in sometime I guess....
Wheres this contest located and what is the date of said contest.

Thanks in advance for the info
BbqBull

mike mather said:
Im a new farker here......Gotta jump in sometime I guess....
Wheres this contest located and what is the date of said contest.

Thanks in advance for the info
BbqBull

Welcome! Here's the contest info....

05/25 - 05/27 2006
Kansas City, KS
Great American Barbecue Contest
Contact: Tracy Satterfield, 630 S. Rogers Road, Olathe, KS 66062
Phone: 913-422-9599 Fax: 913-422-4223
E-mail: tracy@thinkbbq.com
KCBS Reps: Jack Gibbs, Mike Budai, Ed Roith, Al Bowen
Alt Rep: John Hunt

I think another contest that has the potential to be a real winner is the Oklahoma Joe's Cook-off this year. (including the world brisket open)

Here is the info on it: http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/contest/

I think everyone driving a ways should come cook it, then hang around and cook the GAB.... great back to back weekend blow out.

I'll be at the Okie Joe's - but unfortunately have to miss cooking in the GAB this year. I will partake a litte on Friday night however at the MoKan camp... I'm betting thier might be a cold margarita there.... hmmm...

Back