Anyone tried a butterball turkey fryer?

R

Rubmyrock

Cooking two turkeys and two hams on my green egg and grill dome but was wanting a fried turkey too for Thanksgiving. The commercials make that fryer look like the best thing since sliced bread. Anyone tries it?

http://www.pestcontrolcharlotte.net

You're gonna love fried turkey. If you get the Butterball fryer just make sure you've got the counter space for it.

Thanks! Looks awesome and the smoked and fried should both compliment the dumplings, tater salad, etc

I tried one of the ASOTV Butterball fryers last year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is my observation:
The XL fryer is the way to go. The small ones are too small for turkeys.
You will have to add more oil than the max fill line for a 12-14 lb turkey. The turkey needs to covered with oil. I heat my oil in a pan and add it slowly as needed.
Turn the thermostat to maximum. Your temp will drop drastically when you put the cold bird in the oil.
I wouldn't use it in the house. You will have splatter and overflow.
Temp the turkeys for the proper temp.
If you cook more than one, allow time for the oil temp to recover between turkeys.
If you don't like it return it. Most places have a 30 day return policy.

Propane has a better recovery time, but the electric fryer is much simpler and safer.

All of that said, I have a new one in the box to use this year. I've tried to convert everyone to smoked turkeys, but I still have a few that prefer fried.

Back