3 Ribs 4 U
4 A Boy & His BBQ
5 The Slabs.Com
6 Jumpin' Jim's BBQ
7 Smokin' Triggers
8 Boondoggle BBQ
9 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
10 Twyford BBQ & Catering

The brethren had a great weekend in Des Moines getting 4 of the top 5 spots:eusa_clap

Huge congrats to Ryan with Big T'z...great job, expecially in that field. Now take that big check and get yourself a trailer:biggrin:

Good job to all brothers, Ryan and Terry are top notch people, come to think of it last time I cooked the Qlossal the team next to us won then too. I think I will have to sell my serves as a good luck charm.

Congrats to BigT and Ryan. Sorry I was only able to meet Ryan for a quick second - time was not on my side.

What a fun weekend, I'm sure we'll be back next year.

Congrats to Ryan and Terry. I'm sure they are still on cloud 9 today.
I agree Joe, they need to go get a trailer now. It does'nt take my arm twisting when it rains like that.

Thanks everyone and congrats to all the other Brethren who walked. It was a day I will never ever forget. It was great to meet so many Brethren and have the chance to get to know some of you! I can honestly say that it could not have been without all the knowledge and support I have received since I joined the Brethren over a year ago. Thanks to everyone on here for making the greatest forum on the internets!

btw-Joe and Ray, we will definitely be getting a trailer now, now I just have to start the long process of figuring out which one. :wink:

Thanks everyone and congrats to all the other Brethren who walked. It was a day I will never ever forget. It was great to meet so many Brethren and have the chance to get to know some of you! I can honestly say that it could not have been without all the knowledge and support I have received since I joined the Brethren over a year ago. Thanks to everyone on here for making the greatest forum on the internets!

btw-Joe and Ray, we will definitely be getting a trailer now, now I just have to start the long process of figuring out which one. :wink:

Hey, I have never met you - but I was telling one of my partners that it was a real rush to see someone win who seemed to be genuinely thrilled! The look on your face when you came up was a look of humility and pure joy. I'm glad you won!

Ryan did look like he just won the lottery ... or even something better. Sheer enjoyment, amazement and pride.

I anxiously await that feeling.

Congrats to BigT and Ryan. Sorry I was only able to meet Ryan for a quick second - time was not on my side.

What a fun weekend, I'm sure we'll be back next year.

It was great to meet you! Hopefully we will catch you guys in Marshalltown in a few weeks. I'll have the clonesickle ready to go!:-D

Ryan did look like he just won the lottery ... or even something better. Sheer enjoyment, amazement and pride.

It was a hundred times better than winning the lottery, although I have never won the lottery, but can only guess.:wink:

Congrats to everyone.
If winning $8,000 at a rainy contest doesn’t convince someone to buy a trailer, I don’t know what would.

Well run contest, the only problem we had was they had already picked up the ash/grease cans when we tore down camp. Not a problem with us but I felt bad leaving it in the parking lot. Do you guys have anything you use to take the ash/and grease with you?

Congrats to everyone.
If winning $8,000 at a rainy contest doesn’t convince someone to buy a trailer, I don’t know what would.

Well run contest, the only problem we had was they had already picked up the ash/grease cans when we tore down camp. Not a problem with us but I felt bad leaving it in the parking lot. Do you guys have anything you use to take the ash/and grease with you?

We had ours dumped, but we do carry receptacles for just such an emergency.

I kinda thought you guys were going to win. Didn't you get 2-3 calls?

Congrats to Ryan and the Q Cru. Sorry we never got to bump in to you... or if we did, I'm sure it was a pleasure meeting you.

This week was a blur. It was NON-STOP!!!! We served 2300 people over three days at the World Pork Expo, vended ALL of our leftovers Friday night, Big Green Egg Scramble, Whole Hog, three other categories, served our hog to the public plus 300 bags of popcorn, and sold a couple cases of rub to the public. On top of that, Randy was on the local news as a Pork Producer and BBQ competitor. I was also filmed for a Pork promotional video. I don't think we could have squeezed more in this week if we tried.

This is a very special contest for Randy and I since he is a Pork Producer... fancy name for pig farmer. His family has been to 18 of the 20 World Pork Expo's. Anne is from my home town in Iowa and went to High School with all of my aunts and uncles. We had so much going on Friday with catering, vending, and the scramble, that Randy took on the hog cooking and prep with out me. He rocked a 3rd in hog!!! I was so proud. A bigger thrill for me was 7th in Loin. We've NEVER placed in loin. It always kept us out of the hunt and was our nemesis. Getting a call was a great personal accomplishment for us.

Congrats to everyone who got their name called. Sorry I didn't get a chance to get around to everyone.

Hey, I have never met you - but I was telling one of my partners that it was a real rush to see someone win who seemed to be genuinely thrilled! The look on your face when you came up was a look of humility and pure joy. I'm glad you won!

I was genuinely thrilled to get RGC! :wink: That was probably the most competitive Qlossal I've been to in the six years we've been attending. Parking lot was full of great cooks. Ryan's group should be very proud. They deserved it.

I kinda thought you guys were going to win. Didn't you get 2-3 calls?

We got 3 calls, but our best one (5th in whole hog) wasn't part of the GC. We missed a shoulder call, but being that category has generally treated us well, we were thinking we had an outside chance at 4th, maybe 3rd at best.

We're happy as pigs in chit finishing 8th among that field. You couldn't hardly go 2-3 booths without a team having their own restaurant, rub, sauce or something bbq related available in retail outlets.

Overall:
1 Big T'z Q Cru
2 Pork Pullin' Plowboys
3 Ribs 4 U
4 A Boy & His BBQ
5 The Slabs.Com
6 Jumpin' Jim's BBQ
7 Smokin' Triggers
8 Boondoggle BBQ
9 4 Mile Smokin' Crew
10 Twyford BBQ & Catering
11 Pellet Envy