daughters grad party pics

R

richt

I know this is not really smoking but I had to share the big party and the big cookout. The day was a success and all went well. We had 100 lbs of fresh hams and 40 lbs of beef on the roaster cooking at an average of 250 degrees
DSC00910.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

Nice contraption you got there! Bet you can cook a mean pig in that thing.

WOW
Thank goodness for mechanical designers and stainless steel.
I bet that rack weighs more than the meat. AWESOME set up.

Contraption is exactly the word that came to mind as soon as I saw it - lell us more about this rig.

If thats not smoking then that 4th pic is very hazy. How about more pics of your rig.

the tank is just a fuel oil barrel I got from my brother in laws dad
the cages can be removed to put the meat in by removing the 2 hex bolts on each end. The frame for the cage is made from 1/2 inch black pipe and the tines are 1/2 cold rolled steel
The expanded metal in the middle is stainless and was built at the last minute because I needed an air gap to accommodate the amount of meat I needed to cook

DSC00930.jpg

The threaded rod in the middle is for the adjustment of the cages by turning it brings in both sides equal distance (1 right hand and 1 left hand threaded rod)The slide rods and the blocks & shafts that it rotates on are some scrap from work that are also stainless
DSC00928.jpg

Looks like a torture device for Pigs, VERY BAD PIGS!!! Excellent...

i think that is a beautifull rig. great engineering. congrats to the daughter.

And I thought I did something by designing a fire basket! DUH!

Last edited:
That is an amazing machine. Congrats to your daughter.

Who's the wise guy that photo shopped the bottle of lighter fluid into the 2nd picture in the background. HaHa!!. Sweet cooker, and good lookin pron!!!

Back