• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grillin' on the Bay 2008: IS going to be June 7--Grilling Only...

backyardchef

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I've asked the management to ditch the old thread about the contest, since the location will be changing and, probably the date. This thread will be updated as soon as there's anything to tell. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement w/ the event. :eusa_clap I'm still looking forward to a fun time. :icon_clown

don't quote me but I believe it's
moving back to the school and it
will be a grilling event as in the past.

Bad choice of weekend for us; we're already signed up for BBQ on the Farm. Too bad, as I would have liked to have gone back this year.

I sent an email to the contact person and I'll let everyone know what I hear.

Eric

It seems that the date IS going to be June 7. It also seems that everything about the event is changing. It will be a one day event. It will be a grilling only event. The prize outlay and the location will be changing. The new website should be up Monday.

Eric

Just received the cooks and judges packets via email. It's grilling only, on June 7 at the previous location at Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn. Categories are Chicken Breast, Fish, Pork and Chef's Choice. More details, along with cooks and judges packets, are available at www.grillinonthebay.org.

Unfortunately it is on the same weekend as Yardley so I will not be able to attend.

The mods should change the title of this thread now

Mod note: Done, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also the same weekend as the Big Apple BBQ Block Party (Sat and Sun), so depending on how you look at it, it's either another reason not to go or a potential two-birds-with-one-stone trip to NYC.

Back