I do have pics of four cute kids putting together a ginger bread house. I thought that would be a bit over the top.

Oh, did I mention that Scottish ale was homemade and runs about 10% abv? :becky:

Great pizza Gore! :-D
Did you make the beer as well?

Mexican Lasagna with a side of Cheesy Garlic Lembas Bread

I figured I'd try to kill two Throwdowns with one stone with this entry (or score two zeros with one entry). :doh:

I don't have a cool back story like Oldyote, I'm not Mexican or Italian, and I don't think Legolas would approve of my Elvish bread. :tsk: With that in mind, off I go.

Now I know certain cheesies on the site won't approve, but I started off with this combo of cheeses.

edit_preview.php

Used this combo of spices for the Mexican flavored chicken breasts.

edit_preview.php

Spiced up and ready to go.

edit_preview.php

Mrs. Czervik was kind enough to let me use her new Performer on it's maiden voyage. Breasts indirect and some Poblanos over direct to blister. I threw on a couple chunks of oak to get some smoke going too.

edit_preview.php

Thumbing my nose at the burning ban...

edit_preview.php

Starting to scortch.

edit_preview.php

Put a little sear on breasts.

edit_preview.php

All blistered up.

edit_preview.php

All done.

edit_preview.php

Pulled the chicken.

edit_preview.php

Combo of the skinned/seeded peppers and a creamy Mexican sauce jazzed up with the original spices.

edit_preview.php

Ricotta, egg, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano and fennel.

edit_preview.php

Down goes a layer of the sauce.

edit_preview.php

The lasagna noodles.

edit_preview.php

Ricotta mixture.

edit_preview.php

Shredded chicken.

edit_preview.php

Mexican and Italian cheese blends. Then topped (not shown) with a layer of the sauce.

edit_preview.php

Three layers of the same combo, more spices on top and ready to go.

edit_preview.php

On to the Traeger at 350 for an hour.

edit_preview.php

Smokey goodness.

edit_preview.php

Out to rest for about 20 minutes to set up.

edit_preview.php

Come to find out Lembas bread and Ciabatta bread are almost identical, at least in Northeast Washington. :heh:

edit_preview.php

I missed the shot of Mrs. Czervik mixing up the garlic cheese spread for the Lembas/Ciabatta bread but take my word for it that she did. Here we have the finished meal. The mysterious green objects on top of the lasagna are Poblanos made with Mrs. Czervik's chili pepper cookie cut outs. Halfway through the cook I realized all the components were about the same color and that this was my only hope for any contrast. :doh: In any case, it all tasted very good for an experiment and it will go on the rotation. It's just too bad we didn't have a Farkin Gooey Mess TD going on too or I could have gone for the trifecta. :tsk:

edit_preview.php

Sorry for any typos or grammatical errors but I've proofed it a couple times and I'm too tired to do it again. Thanks for looking...

IMG_4066-1.jpg

Great combo Gore. I'm sure it tasted as good as it looked! Thanks for the laughs as always on your post, but I do have one question... Is Ninja Squirrel old enough to drink? :confused:

Back