Securing a YS640 for transport

Sammy_Shuford

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Are there any good suggestion on where to attach tie downs, or anywhere to NOT to.

Thinking secure each leg to each corner of trailer, and a strap or two over the top.

Suggestions Welcomed!:thumb:

You must be loading that thing up to bring it to me!

I'd put it against the cab of the truck and put a couple of straps around it. Top & bottom.

Sorry, but I'm driving 100 miles to bring the unit home. On an open trailer, so no to the back of can. I do have 9 ratchet straps.
$1000 for YS640, second shelf, grill grates, cover, thermal blanket, pellets in hopper and a bag of pellets. Wife took money out of bank, and tonight I be a happy cooker!

Sorry, but I'm driving 100 miles to bring the unit home. On an open trailer, so no to the back of can. I do have 9 ratchet straps.
$1000 for YS640, second shelf, grill grates, cover, thermal blanket, pellets in hopper and a bag of pellets. Wife took money out of bank, and tonight I be a happy cooker!

Did you snag that one in Columbia? I'm jealous!

Don't have experience with that one, but on a trailer place it where you keep good tongue weight (not too far back) and nail 2 2x4 scraps at each corner againts the wheels so it can't move and strap it over the top a few places.

I take it that it isn't the comp cart version. That does have specific tie downs.

Either way, a strap over the top is a good idea and anchor around the legs if it isn't the comp cart.

They are top heavy, so be careful. I transport them frequently. If the sides of your trailer are at least 24", secure it to one side of the trailer. Position it so that the door opens toward the side of the trailer. Use two straps, one around the supports of the counter weight and the other at the height of the door handle. Put something between the smoker and the trailer so it doesn't get scratched. If your trailer has short sides, I would lay the smoker on its back, after taking all the inside parts out( fire pot grate, diffuser plate, upper and lower shelves), on top of a moving blanket or two. Then strap it down so it doesn't move. Send me a PM if you have other questions. Tom

Back