• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dirt Cheap and Dead Accurate!

humm, well I be,,,, ok, will have to get some, I always need more probes, always. thanks for the heads up,

I got one that looks the same about a year ago for $4.99 and I agree it was very accurate. Only problem is that there was no on and off switch. The only way to turn mine off was to remove the battery. I still use it.

I have one. I need to get over and get a bunch more! Not only are they accurate, but they take abuse pretty well!!!

I have one. I need to get over and get a bunch more! Not only are they accurate, but they take abuse pretty well!!!
True. The only thing I noticed immediately is that the magnet is very strong and not glued in. It came out of its socket from day one, but I made short work of that with a drop of Gorilla Glue. :wink:

Pardon my ignorance, but have you found a way to turn the thing off without removing the battery? I've read the manual :shock: and tried everything I can think of. I first thought it would time out, but that's not the case. I know it's good to remove the battery for storage, but I'd like to conserve them while cooking. I don't need it running full-time until the end of the cook.

Speaking of battery life, how long are yours lasting?

John

True. The only thing I noticed immediately is that the magnet is very strong and not glued in. It came out of its socket from day one, but I made short work of that with a drop of Gorilla Glue. :wink:

Pardon my ignorance, but have you found a way to turn the thing off without removing the battery? I've read the manual :shock: and tried everything I can think of. I first thought it would time out, but that's not the case. I know it's good to remove the battery for storage, but I'd like to conserve them while cooking. I don't need it running full-time until the end of the cook.

Speaking of battery life, how long are yours lasting?

John

According to what I read above there is no way to turn the thing off without removing the batteries which would be the downside but then again..for as cheap as it is..it is not that bad of a downside.

I need to order a couple of those. I don't have any kind of probes or temp monitoring equipment.

I got one that looks the same about a year ago for $4.99 and I agree it was very accurate. Only problem is that there was no on and off switch. The only way to turn mine off was to remove the battery. I still use it.
my old polders dont switch off either..i just had to replace the original battery on one after about 2-3 years..i dont think they draw much power

How are you checking the temp of the smoker and the temp of the meat without them?
He could be 'Old School'

Hold your hand over a fire to see how hot it is. Squeeze the meat to see how done it is, look at the juices to see their color to check for doneness, or compare the firmness of the meat to the palm of your hand.

Also known as :Old school Carodon's mod:

He could be 'Old School'

Hold your hand over a fire to see how hot it is. Squeeze the meat to see how done it is, look at the juices to see their color to check for doneness, or compare the firmness of the meat to the palm of your hand.

Also known as :Old school Carodon's mod:

I use that when grilling steaks or burgers but not for Q

Back