• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

RD and KCBS?

CUTigerQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Didn't I read a while back that if I were a member of KCBS that I would get instant access to Restaurant Depot? Didn't I read that? Or am I just letting my old age affect my memory? We have an RD here and I would like to get access, but I dont own a restaurant (YET!).

Any help?

yes. There is a certificate on the KCBS site. Print it out and take it with you.

You get a one day pass NOT a membership just an FYI. You can go back numerous times you just have to get the one day pass every time.

Probably a dumb question along the RD line. How big are the quantities? Say spare ribs- minimum would be what? A case? 10 lbs? Pretty clueless over here

They sell items in small quantities. Sometimes ribs are in 2 packs, sometimes 3 packs, depends on the supplier. You can buy single briskets. Case price is always cheaper.

I think RD is slightly cheaper and when I went they had plenty of meat to choose from unlikew everytime I go to Sams quality isnt there and the qauntity isnt there.

RD does not spend any money on the consumer experience. The quality is typically choice or less. you can get individual items. Id rather go to RD for a choice brisket than sams because at RD, I can sort through 16 sitting out vs maybe 1-3 at sams.

If your a die hard BBQ'er, RD is like a secret mecca of awesomeness. Not just because of meat, but things like pans/spices/charcoal/anything you would need to operate a restaurant.

So at the end of the day if you live close to RD (14 miles for me) KCBS membership is a no brainier aside from supporting the hobby.

me thinks Im gonna get me a KCBS membership just to take advantage of RD.

Bring CASH and lots of it! I always drop a min of $250 every time I walk in the door. Seriously though, I don't use my credit card there.......2 security breaches in the past 2 years at RD.

Yes, bring cash. And dress appropriately. The place is FARKIN COLD! It's basically a walk through meat locker...

I walked in on a 75* day in shorts and a t-shirt. Froze my butt off. Took thrity mins before I warmed up.

They have coats you can borrow, but...

Didn't I read a while back that if I were a member of KCBS that I would get instant access to Restaurant Depot? Didn't I read that? Or am I just letting my old age affect my memory? We have an RD here and I would like to get access, but I dont own a restaurant (YET!).Any help?

That is good news for us local folks! Where is it located?

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

me thinks Im gonna get me a KCBS membership just to take advantage of RD.

The Marietta location just opened and their selection of meat is decent but not nearly the quantity of the Atlanta location; Atlanta has way more meat on the shelf to sort through and more cases as well. There seems to be an okay selection at any given time in Marietta but I've had to drive down to Atlanta twice now to find the ribs and butts I want for a comp.

Back