/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

do wou want them ready to go at 8am for the early comers :wink: , for lunch or towards dinner time?
I think we will start working that out in a couple weeks. I think they would make an excellent breakfast or lunch, though. :thumb:

So who all was going to bring their smoker to this? I am and was thinking of changing my mind and going with brisket or ribs what do you guys think? If I do brisket you guys will be able to check out the brisket injection.

I'll be bringing Colt at the urging of some of these farkers :wink:

I don't think I have ever had injected brisket :wink:

ok peeps, my apologies. had a party booked via an email for saturday april 22nd. loiked at my calendar, noticed the 22nd did not fall on a saturday as the customer stated and got her to give me the real date...saturday april 12th.....

short version, going to have to make it to the summer bash it looks like.

ok peeps, my apologies. had a party booked via an email for saturday april 22nd. loiked at my calendar, noticed the 22nd did not fall on a saturday as the customer stated and got her to give me the real date...saturday april 12th.....

short version, going to have to make it to the summer bash it looks like.
No worries...there will be more.

Next time.

I can drag Sheila if needed, she even has new shoes! Just put them on for the trip back to Texas. No need to decide now, only takes a minute to hook her up to the truck.

Have we gotten any feedback on stick burners from the park? I'm up for bringing her and cooking on site or cooking whatever here and letting it rest on the way just need to know the cooker plan so I can figure out what to cook.

Have we gotten any feedback on stick burners from the park? I'm up for bringing her and cooking on site or cooking whatever here and letting it rest on the way just need to know the cooker plan so I can figure out what to cook.
They just told me it's fine so long as there is no burn ban.

Tried editing the spreadsheet, see if my channges make any sense, is that what you wanted us to do?

Tried editing the spreadsheet, see if my channges make any sense, is that what you wanted us to do?
I think so. I made a few edits based on your entries.

We can cook them whenever you prefer...breakfast, lunch, both :wink: Whatever you recommend them for.

With this spreadsheet, it should give folks visibility into others' plans so we can make sure we have plenty of food to go around throughout the day. If it looks like one meal is getting too loaded or one type of meat is getting duplicated too many times, we can see about mixing things up some.

The Google Docs spreadsheet is also now linked in the first post of the thread for easy locating.

I swear one of you farkers proposed cooking KCBS style ribs, but I can't find who. I would be interested in this if someone is coming that competes and gets calls on the regular. Would be good to see what all the hubbub is about that goes on in the comp forum :wink:

Then we can maybe also have someone do some of their famous good ol' backyard ribs, if that is someone's specialty...

Any takers?

I swear one of you farkers proposed cooking KCBS style ribs, but I can't find who. I would be interested in this if someone is coming that competes and gets calls on the regular. Would be good to see what all the hubbub is about that goes on in the comp forum :wink:

Then we can maybe also have someone do some of their famous good ol' backyard ribs, if that is someone's specialty...

Any takers?

Ha! Good luck on that one peeps, tantamount to asking for volunteers to navigate the minefield.

Mine fall off the bone and are served without sauce, because that's right and natural. :mrgreen:

Ha! Good luck on that one peeps, tantamount to asking for volunteers to navigate the minefield.

Mine fall off the bone and are served without sauce, because that's right and natural. :mrgreen:
I swear someone volunteered for it. I'll find it sometime...

I cook mine similar but will lightly sauce occasionally because I get a craving sometimes for slightly sloppy ribs...

Ahhh...it was in my covert Q-Talk thread...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2787126&postcount=58

I just signed up in the "I'll be there" thread.

I've got a couple 22" WSMs I can bring. I doubt I'd use them both to cook for the group. If somebody who can't bring a smoker wants to cook, you're welcome to call dibs on one.

As for food, I'm thinking I'll either do some KCBS-style ribs or some carnitas breakfast tacos. Or maybe both. :-D

Any takers?

My ribs are always top 10. If I make it I'll burn a rack or two in Colt if that is okay (and no one is opening the door every 10 seconds).

Be advised that I do NOT cook sweet arse ribs.

My ribs are always top 10. If I make it I'll burn a rack or two in Colt if that is okay (and no one is opening the door every 10 seconds).

Be advised that I do NOT cook sweet arse ribs.
That would be just fine on all counts! :thumb:

Back