One Touch Silver vs. One Touch Gold

tish

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Quick question.... Is one really better than the other? What do ya'll think, and which would you rather have? I have no experience at all with either one, so I'm looking to my brethren for the answer. Thanks! :smile:

So then there's really no reason you'd rather have a silver over a gold, other than to save money, yes?

Add me to the gold votes. They both cook identically. Gold gives you a safer smoker as far as ash management, especially in the wind.

I had my silver for twenty years or so and then bought a Performer with the ash catcher. I also have the 26.75" kettle with the ash catcher. Go gold. You won't be sorry.

Thanks, guys! I have my answer! :hug:

Awww! Thanks, Guerry. I've been up to my eyebrows lately. But I sure do miss this place. Just renewed my subscription this morning, and will be posting soon about this year's Christmas giveaway. Give ya one guess what it's gonna be. :becky:

Though I have a gold and would recommend it, the only difference (besides the price and the stuff already mentioned) I have heard is that the ash catcher blocks the intake a bit compared to the silver.

the newer golds also have a lid thermometer

Thanks, billy. I had wondered about that because of all the hoopla about silver vs. gold when making the mini WSMs. Wasn't sure if it applied to the big boys as well, or not. But even with the blockage, sounds like the gold is preferred by most. Good to know, though. :wink:

Thanks, billy. I had wondered about that because of all the hoopla about silver vs. gold when making the mini WSMs. Wasn't sure if it applied to the big boys as well, or not. But even with the blockage, sounds like the gold is preferred by most. Good to know, though. :wink:

Only a problem if you forget what that ash catcher is intended for. Also, only a thing to remember on the longest cooks. I think it actually makes it easier with the gold in helping to regulate temps too. :becky:

Back