• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The spices of life

slow-smoker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I recently celebrated a birthday, and my parents sent me a little gift. They live in Texas, and any Texan knows, nothing exceeds like excess. My mom called the folks at Targill Seasonings, and had them put together a gift box x 2 (this is that Texas thing I was talking about). Not knowing she had called them, I arrived home from work on my birthday and discovered two small, but heavy boxes sent from Opelousas, Louisiana.

IMG_5942%20-%20Version%202-X2.jpg

These seasonings are good, and I use them all the time, but I never had quite this much of it on hand. What a relief that worry's over. :nod:

Wow, nice haul! I've not tried that brand but will look for it here.
Belated Happy Birthday!

Wow! And all I get is a lump of charcoal. :sad: Nice haul! Never heard of Targil's spices -- do you have a favorite?

I have 2 or 3 favorites, and they're all single flavorings and spices. Their molasses powder is great. I like to put it into some of my rubs. Their chipotle powder is also really good (and hot :flame: ). Maybe my favorite is the Worcestershire powder. I use it in my sauces and rubs.

As I discovered through the kindness of gentlemen here on The Brethren, nothing and nobody does spices and powders like Americans.

And your Mom rocks!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Back