In Need of a Turkey Injection Recipe

5-0 BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have had a few people come to me lately looking for a good Turkey Injection Recipe. I dont inject when I fry a bird.

Anyone out there have something they make?

Can't help for home made, I've used Cajun Injector my whole life and it's been good to me. :thumb:

Tony c's w/jalapeno is hard to beat. Simmer some of your favorite poultry rub in it and let it cool before injecting if you want to take it up a level. Just account for all of the salt including the brine if any.

Apple juice, butter, and The Rub Co. Competition Style Rub. Simmer for 10 minutes then strain with cheese cloth.

Scottie's Creole Butter

If you've never injected, try it you'll like it..

Scottie's Creole Butter

- ½ can of beer
- ½ lb. Butter
- 1 tsp. Bonesmokers Big Time BBQ Rub (any mild BBQ rub will do)
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. White Pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Coleman's Mustard
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp. Tabasco

Let mixture cool a bit and then inject...

Has anyone ever injected with Bacon fat?

I think it might be interesting, but not sure. I've heard of people doing this with brisket, but haven't seen anyone do it with turkey.

My wife thinks the idea is disgusting. I can't help but to think that bacon makes everything better...

So, nobody's done a bacon fat injection in turkey?

Am tempted to try it tomorrow, but will probably go with a mix of butter/apple juice/rub.

Maybe in the near future, I'll do it on a chicken...

BACON INJECTION

OK, so I finally got to do a bacon injection on a spatchcocked chicken last night. I had some bacon fat, which I microwaved to get back to a liquid state, then injected into several spots on the chicken (breast, thighs, etc). Cooked direct (raised grill) on the Egg at ~350 until done.

Well, it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I'm a little shocked. It was OK, but it sort of made the chicken somewhat greasy, I thought.

Oh well, live and learn...

I use the Cajun Injection Creole Butter...insanely delicious. It works when deep frying the bird as well.

Back