ProQ Barrel Smoker

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I just saw that ProQ has a barrel smoker.

Has anyone tried these out? Any opinions?

Eric

I've got a ProQ Exel20 and I like it pretty well. It is a little more fuel hungry than the Weber SM 18.5 though. But.... The ProQ has built in probe eyelets, offers stackers for cooking needs, the stackers clamp together for easy handling when needed.. etc.
All in all a great smoker when you get it dialed in.

We've got the excel 20 with 3 stackers, love using it for hanging ribs, is a little more hungry than the 18 wsm, but it's bigger. But all in all a great cooker, we've done about 9 butts in it at once, it'll hang 5-6 racks with the 3 stackers. Good for beer can chickens, works better if you seal up the rings with foil tape to make it perfectly air tight

Still in love with my ProQ.

Where can you buy the ProQ Excel 20? I only see it online from England or France!

The Napoleon Apollo 3in1 was on sale in the US @ Costco for $99.00. Up here they're $399. Same as the ProQ 20 made in China.

Yep, tis Canadian. There is a link to sellers in your area on that site.

$99!!! I'll take one! I guess I have to make a trip to Costco just to see if there's any left... Not much hope... :sad:

I have one and love it. after I sealed the doors it seams to cut some of the fuel hunger and helped to leval out temps.

Back