Doing things differently

B

bbqjoe

So now that we've looked at alot of different things involving food prep, cooking and storage, do you find yourself thinking and acting differently than before?
What did you do in the past as compared to what you may be doing now?

Yeah, I do!

Thanks a lot you farker! Now I'm throwing out food that I would have eaten before. :lol:

No, not really. I'm a surgical person by trade so I usually am thinking about cross contamination and the growths of bacteria and such when I am handling raw meat and such. I always wear gloves and I awlays scrub my hands and untensils afterward. About the only difference for me is that when prepping meat, I'm not worried about "contaminating the area" and the sterility of the work space and equipment as I would be at work.

Yes, I am scared as hell of bacteria more than I was previously! This ultimately is a good thing. I also picked up few ideas from the brothers.

Lots of great info.
I learned "why" things are the way they are.
I learned new techniques to make it easier to stay safe (and legal).
Great Stuff!

TIM

I actully worry less about food safety issues than I used to. I've never had any type of education in such areas before. As it turns out, common sense has served me pretty well. Now I know the "whys" of things, and have been doing most things right all along.

Thanks.

I'm a lot more fastidious about washing lettuce, now. For some reason that really made an impression on me. I think I've got good habits as a general rule that will help me avoid most cross-contamination, but it's been interesting to read the threads and polls. Oh, and I pay more attention to how I load the fridge, now, too!

I think most of us who handle food regularly are reasonably aware of health issues. This discussion area is very worthwhile to keep our information current and to keep the importance of health issues front and centre. I know I sometimes need a reminder or two.
Thanks for doing this, Joe.

The_Kapn said:
Lots of great info.
I learned "why" things are the way they are.
I learned new techniques to make it easier to stay safe (and legal).
Great Stuff!

TIM

I agree with Tim.

Back