Thread: Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Que For The Troops May 21-22, 2011, Levittown, PA
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
With this event being just around the corner and having just reread the Brethren rule book I have a few questions.

• Under beef - what exactly are long bone short ribs? Beef Plate ribs (IMPA#123)? Back ribs (IMPA#124)? or chuck ribs (IMPA#130)?
  • Small correction on brisket - the deckle and the point are not the same thing
  • Since beef ribs are a legal turn in, does this mean that beef ribs are not a legal entry for anything butt?
  • Are the turn in containers the "standard" 9x9?
  • Is this going to be a "no garnish", green garnish", "edible garnish" or "any garnish" event?
  • Will the standard turn in container and garnish rules apply to anything butt and dessert?
  • Is the anything butt & dessert open cooking method (any source) or only the rule listed sources?
  • What are the turn in times for anything butt & dessert on Saturday?
  • Who's the Brethren rep for this event?
I emailed Tom and he said standard garnish.

I did ask about turn ins for the other catagories and have not gotten a response yet.

I would like to know how many judges per table so I can adjust my "samples" to meet the +1 criteria and the awards structure? paying to what place and what place does the "bling" go to?

I am really looking forward to this, wouldnt mind having more info.
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote