• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Team Names

smoke-n-my-i's

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Is it acceptable, to have 2 or more team names. My wife is now officially a member of KCBS, and I have been contemplating another team name using her name and member number.... I know there are several teams that will just add a number after their name and enter more than one event on the same weekend.... just saying.... but I thought it would be cool to make her feel a little more important, than one weekend cook under her team name just to confuse everyone.... :becky:

If it's just for fun and to confuse everyone, and you don't expect to accrue points for it, then go for it! You'd better let her pick the name, though. "Yes, Dear" BBQ has a certain ring to it....
crylaugh.gif

If it's just for fun and to confuse everyone, and you don't expect to accrue points for it, then go for it! You'd better let her pick the name, though. "Yes, Dear" BBQ has a certain ring to it....
crylaugh.gif

That is basically what it is.... I usually only cook 1 maybe 2 a year.... so the points don't mean a thing to me.... just the great time with all the great people... and when I cook, it ups the odds for the other teams to win... :thumb:

And I like the name you chose better than the one I had. :clap2:

She loves the name, so she said thank you, and I suppose it is officially taken now.... :thumb: Keep your eyes open, you just might see that one around some time....

LOL! Good name...my wife chose our new team name as well...good luck and have fun!

I'm doing my first MBN next month and I am using a different name...mainly because it's not my regular team (myself and my Dad) so I guess to answer your question directly- NO, I don't see where it's a problem. Just my .02

Here we are 3 days later, and still laughing about it. I had some steaks cooking on the stove, and looked at her and just said, "Yes Dear"..... she looked at me and smiled, then started laughing about the same time I did.... so, it has stuck.... I suppose I should go add it to the team names, huh?

GREAT name!!! So appropriate!

As you can probably tell, my wife had nothing to do with picking our team name: "4 Lil' Pigs". She's not a happy camper, but she doesn't do that much cooking with the team anyway.

So where abouts are you in Hillsborough???

Well now... that was easy. :thumb: It took me a month of sleepless nights and scribbling jibberish on random pieces of paper to commit to a name.

Yeah... I suspect I'm going to have to change our team name pretty soon too.

My buddy, with whom I put the team together originally, has moved half way across the country and consequently we don't cook together a lot. The last comp I did, my two daughters and my wife were my team members.

With that demographic, "Southern Home Boyz" just doesn't really cut it anymore....:tsk:

I got a message from another team that is already using that name... so I guess it is back to the original one.... Magic Mojo BBQ.... now to search some more to make sure it isn't used..... anybody seen it around yet? Magic mojo is a name give to my coffee at the comps as it seems whoever drinks a cup of it gets a call, everyone but me...:crazy: :icon_blush: :doh:

Back