Triple Meat Shawarma

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A few recent posts on shawarma got me craving some. Shawarma isn't made with pork so I thought with the exception of the spices it'd be al pastor. So, I decided on three meats. :loco:

Made the rub

Oj4vGvgh.jpg

Pork

yZqAHJwh.jpg

Lamb

CosAIP7h.jpg

Beef

TQE6iKkh.jpg

Sliced some pieces off each like so

Cl5qswRh.jpg

Into the marinade overnight

aIuOkMQh.jpg

Next day. Smelled crazy good already

sjClKdyh.jpg

Shawarma is traditionally cooked on a vertical spit, meats shaved off and served to order. Since I don't have a vertical rotisserie I used my turkey hanger to tackle the job with a half onion at the bottom

2LMrrPYh.jpg

Then I got the stacking on the meat with one of each in a rotating order and this is what she looked like :becky:

W8adeBch.jpg

Hung it in the Hunsaker

zY4JS9qh.jpg

Made tahini sauce

1qrh5aJh.jpg

And Tunisian style harissa sauce

3KFHPiJh.jpg

After a couple of hours it was time to peek

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

UT1c47bh.jpg

At this point it was time to start making shawarma wraps by shaving off the first layer or two. First warmed up some pita bread

zHfTwVSh.jpg

Lettuce, tomato, onions, tahini sauce, harissa sauce and pickles :clap2:

y7GjqhWh.jpg

A1LBpSYh.jpg

Insanely good

cbfWAT3h.jpg

After a few wraps and drinks I decided to do a wrap with a tortilla

qooUHyeh.jpg

I had the Hunsaker keep the shawarma slowly cooking and holding in the meantime

oFtSJ0zh.jpg

Basically replicating the vertical spit and shaving off the meat and making wraps as requested

4cm3t3wh.jpg

Same deal with the tortilla

ST8I54jh.jpg

Lightly toasted

b82LDIJh.jpg

op3Aoedh.jpg

After all said and done I have leftovers which I shaved up and saved for the next few days :thumb:

9zdzNFPh.jpg

It came out extremely well so I don't mind having leftover for days. Thanks for looking!

Cook and presentation are on point as usual. Probably tasted even better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas! I had half wrap for lunch now. Hit the spot after drinking last night. :grin:

Yow! That looks great, Sako!

Love the multiple meat deal - were those different marinades for each meat or did they get the same bath?

I just ate, so I ain't really hungry - but I definitely got room for one of those! :hungry:

Yow! That looks great, Sako!

Love the multiple meat deal - were those different marinades for each meat or did they get the same bath?

I just ate, so I ain't really hungry - but I definitely got room for one of those! :hungry:

Thanks Greg!

Same marinade for all.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Wow.. that’s very impressive. Looks like it was a pretty big effort but also a pretty big payoff. I bet that tastes fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Outstanding work Sako, hope to see some sword play in the near future.

Back