Newer colors: blue vs Brick red webers

Trumpstylz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What do you guys like? I'm torn between the two. I actually think i like the new brick red color better than the old bright American flag red color on the older ones (I expect some flak for that comment).

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-1487001-Performer-Platinum-Charcoal/dp/B0098HR11W/ref=dp_ob_title_garden"]Amazon.com: Weber 1487001 Performer Platinum Charcoal Grill, Green: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I like that red, the blue looks a little different too.

I like both the blue and green over the red. The red looks really nice, just not my favorite. Can't really go wrong though with a choice like this!

Nice colors but Black is still the prettiest by a far margin.

the red is not that bright in person. I was on the fence as well till I went to the showroom to look at them. I wanted black but the end of year sale had no black. It was red or green. I settled on the green and am quite happy with that choice.

BTW the gas ignition is perfect for chimneys and a handful of briquets for minion method smoking :thumb:

I smoke and grill on it and have 2 char bins taken apart to make a fence to always have an indirect side. Then I can reverse sear or at the least use far less fuel

I bought the Brick Red Performer this summer and I love it....

Performer.jpg

old school red. it actually changes color a bit. but if ya wanna give me a new one, any color is perfect !

I have a brick red One Touch Platinum and like it a lot. But the green units seem more rare, if that has any bearing on the decision.

I have a black Performer that I got at Lowes for $199 early in the year but if I had a choice, I would have gotten the red.

I am really digging the red. I have a blue performer that I got off CL that I love, but that red looks sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care for the new "brick" red. I like the pre-1998 "redhead" red -- which is what I bought in 1995.

Of the current colors, my favorite is the green.

CD

I'm partial to green myself, I wouldn't kick that redhead out of bed though!

Back