• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Please advise: How much garnish???

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Folks, this weekend's comp, we will be turning in seven turn in boxes. How much parsely, leaf lettuce would you recommed I pick up?
Thanks.

I use maybe 3 bunches per box if it's good stuff.
Probably cheaper to buy a case and then share/split it with another team.

I can get one turn in box out of 2 heads of leaf lettuce.
At our last comp we ordered 12 bunches of parsley and got two putting greens and 1/2 of another box out of them. Could have done 3, maybe 4 putting greens if the parsley had been half way decent.

We always buy a case at RD. It's a lot more than what we need for our 4 boxes, but a case at RD is much, much cheaper than buying less parsley at the supermarket.

I seldom buy more than 10 bunches for 4 boxes. The better the quality parsley, the less we use. I figure on about 2 bunches per box and it gets adjusted from there. I used to buy a dozen or so, but we always ended up throwing a ton away.

I seldom buy more than 10 bunches for 4 boxes. The better the quality parsley, the less we use. I figure on about 2 bunches per box and it gets adjusted from there. I used to buy a dozen or so, but we always ended up throwing a ton away.

Exactly the same for me.

The stuff I have been getting at publix has been the best looking parsley I have even seen. Very few off color blotches if any in a bunch. I've been buying 9, so 2 per box and 1 extra and the most i have used is 7.5 total. I make sure to go on Wednesday so I make sure I get what I need and if they don't have good looking stuff I go another Publix or go back on Thursday. Though I have always gotten it all on Wed.

It depends on how you do your boxes. I use 1/2 head iceburg and 1 bunch parsley per box. For seven, well, X7!

I use about 6 - 8 bunches of parsley for 4 boxes with nothing else. All depends on the quality of the parsley. If it is bad stay in the 8 - 10 range and if it is good 6 should be plenty.

Make the boxes ahead of time using DivaQ's or the pickled pig method. Makes Fri night much more enjoyable.

These parsley queries always remind me of an old college friend. She told me that when growing up and eating at fancy restaurants, she'd always ask her little sister, "What's the difference between parsley and pu$$y?" The answer: "You don't eat the parsley," and she never did. Whenever I see people asking about "parsley," I remember this story. Of course, everything that goes in the box must be edible, and since parsley is not, I just make the appropriate substitution for "parsley" whenever I see it. Sometimes it's worth a little chuckle, especially when people comment about the quality of the parsley. Seems there's not a great demand for old, dried-out parsley around here. Sorry about the hijack, but I figure Chambers probably won't mind.

Back