2nd brisket: hot&fast [pr0n]!

• Thread starter drieenvijftigcent
  • Start date
D

drieenvijftigcent

Hi there, I'm pretty new here. I'm a reader. :becky: I'm from Holland and got an account @ the Dutch brethren forum.

Anyway, this is my 2nd brisket and it turned out to be awesome. Did it hot&fast (350-380F). It's a grain-fed flat of about 8,5-9 pounds.
Dusted it with DP Raising the steaks and let it sit in the frig for about 24 hours.
It was done in about 3 hours. Halfway through I foiled it though. I let it rest in new foil for about an hour or so. It turned out very moist and tender.

Some pics:

20110531-IMG_3461.jpg

20110531-IMG_3462.jpg

20110601-IMG_3463.jpg

Smokin'
20110601-IMG_3464.jpg

:thumb:
20110601-IMG_3466.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks guys!
Saiko: I paid about 64 dollars (45 euro) for this one. I guess it's pretty expensive compared to the prices in the U.S.

man that looked good I'm glad I dont live there I would go broke at those prices!!!! Smoke on Brother!!:becky:

It's a beautiful area, there is a lot to like. I've only been in the area once but I loved it. I always get so confused with whole Holland/Netherlands/Dutch thing though. I'm an avid cyclist and I read about these areas all the time.

Let me see if I have this right, correct me if I'm wrong!
  • Holland is not actually a country, but a region in the country of the Netherlands
  • Many people mistakenly refer to the entire country of the Netherlands as Holland, which ticks off the people who live outside of Holland
  • The main language spoken in Holland is Dutch
  • The main cities in Holland are Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague
  • Belgium, a country south of the Netherlands, has a region called Flanders where the main language is also Dutch.
I think that may be right, I find this whole area very confusing!

It's a beautiful area, there is a lot to like. I've only been in the area once but I loved it. I always get so confused with whole Holland/Netherlands/Dutch thing though. I'm an avid cyclist and I read about these areas all the time.

Let me see if I have this right, correct me if I'm wrong!
  • Holland is not actually a country, but a region in the country of the Netherlands
  • Many people mistakenly refer to the entire country of the Netherlands as Holland, which ticks off the people who live outside of Holland
  • The main language spoken in Holland is Dutch
  • The main cities in Holland are Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague
  • Belgium, a country south of the Netherlands, has a region called Flanders where the main language is also Dutch.
I think that may be right, I find this whole area very confusing!

Yeah those facts are about right Saiko. My girlfriend also always corrects me about the whole Holland/The Netherlands thing lol :redface:.
And for a cyclist The Netherlands :)thumb:) is pure heaven.

Cheers!

LOL@Saiko!
I had that Holland discussion with Gore in Kyiv.:thumb:

Phabulous work 0,53 cts!

When are we going to meet?
Forum Family day in August?

Phuub, we definitely should meet! MMA talk all the way :D lol.
The family day could work, maybe I'll bring my girlfriend hehe. This weekend I'll see if it's going to happen!

Looks great. I can't believe you had to import the meat from the States. Is that really the only way to get a brisket cut?

Does sound quick, fast, and in a hurry. It looks great! I am going to have to try the higher temp, and hope to get those results. Thanks

Looks great. I can't believe you had to import the meat from the States. Is that really the only way to get a brisket cut?

Thanks!
And sadly, yes. The butchers here just don't know that cut. You can describe it, but you'll never get the right sort of cut. :mad:

Back