• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pulled Pork Pie

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was really being lazy... didn't feel like cooking but wanted something to eat. I used some of my pulled pork stash..

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91131

43caec18-1.jpg

Layered my skillet with sliced potatoes, then seasoned with salt...

086e8a0b-1.jpg

Added pulled pork and onions...

46bf25bd-1.jpg

drizzled with a hot Q sauce..

3591ac14-1.jpg

topped with cheese...

2dee0587-1.jpg

another layer of tatoes and sprinkled with Harley's dry rub...

816d9b1d-1.jpg

dotted with butter and into the smoker with hickory...

ba15a867-1.jpg

Smoked until the potatoes felt tender and the pie was bubbly hot.

799ff06c-1.jpg

04ce56fe-1.jpg

It was tasty. I added more Q sauce to the top before eating... Next time I will add more butter to the top. The potato slices that were not covered in butter were a bit dry.

Thanks for looking!

Dang SWSW, BASTMY & MMD that looks great...... I'm going to try that for sure with left over PP..... :clap2:

Nicely Done Jeanie...... Very Nicely done.....:-D

Dang...you were lazy weren't you Doc.?:twisted:
Pass me a bottle of Mine and halPh skillet please...and maybe a nice hug for dessert.:becky:

BTW...I like the amount of "P's" in your thread title.:cool:

I'm looking at this

43caec18-1.jpg

and wondering how you could think of doing anything other than eating it. I don't think that would've even made it to the dinner table, much less be put into a pie. Yeah, the pie looks great, but that is a thing of beauty. It should be hanging in the Louvre somewhere.

how do you manage to stay so svelte and eat like that? LOL. Looks scrum de lish!

Heck of an idea there Cowgirl. Brisket pie sounds good too. Next time throw some left over ABTs in, if there is any such of a thing.

Thank you HWSW, Wampus, Phu...hugs are good lol....Gore.. I did the best I could but had leftovers. :becky:
Thank you George, Smokemaster and Blue! :wink:

how do you manage to stay so svelte and eat like that? LOL. Looks scrum de lish!
Mike... it's the range bred, fence jumping cows.. I have to be able to jump the fence just as quickly as they do. :p Thanks!

Thank you Hell Fire.. ABTs do sound like a good addition.

If I weren't so lazy I would have smashed the potatoes and made more of a shepherd's pie. :redface:

I am so doing something like this in the very near future, especially since I just smoked a couple of butts over the weekend and love the cast iron cheesy tater thing! :clap2:

Can't believe (yeah I can) that is what you cook when you don't feel like cookin!
Shepherd's Pie sounds great, too. YUM!!
Al

Wow, very delicious looking! When I don't feel like cooking I microwave Ramen noodles. That pie is more like something I'd cook when I feel like cooking. :p

Another great use for leftover pulled pork!! I am sooo going to try this one! Thanks for posting it!

Thank you friends! I thought about making slaw or something to go with it but ...again... I was too lazy. Just didn't have my heart in it. :redface::p

Jeanie, You're an amazing women, awesome!.. PLEASE MARRY ME!!!! .... you had me at the tators!.. lol.
Again great job! I'm keeping this one for a lazy Sunday dish! Looks very tasty!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow! That looks great! You eat well when you are feeling lazy. When I am feeling tired and lazy and hungry, I might nuke a Little Juan burrito lol!:thumb:
Nice work as always.

Back