Cooking with the next generation

F

frankenswine

My daughter has been after me for a while to do some cooking. So after I saw the post from BobBrisket I figured why not she is 7 and that should be old enough. So I picked up some chicken for her first cook. I took care of the fire and she has done the rest. I tried to temp them and she came running and yelled at me to leave her chicken alone.

bellachicken.jpg

bellachicken006.jpg

bellachicken009.jpg

bellachicken010.jpg

Very nice, she is a doll and the food looks like a good start. Finished pics? No?

I have to ask, no gloves and shoes at the smoker? I may be over reacting here, but, I was burned pretty badly as a kid and I have a lot of concern about burns.

I love cooking with my children we have such a good time. Yours is precious and have fun

We did try some gloves but she couldn't hold the tongs with them on. I just missed the shoes until I looked at the pics. :doh:
Here are some finished pics. I guess she did ok for here first time, Even had bite through skin. Took me a lot longer than one cook to do that...

bellachicken011.jpg

bellachicken013.jpg

bellachicken014.jpg

She's got major potential, that chicken looks very tasty!

That chicken looks great, as does the potato

Love the floor-length apron. You better start working out, because you are going to chasing boys off in a few years.

Way to raise the next generation of BBQ stars!

Looks like a GREAT time! My daughter, 8, really likes to help cook also (her brothers like to help eat).

Have promised her a comp, or two, this year. Should be interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Looks fantastic!!! I'd hit one of those plates for sure!!!:clap2: Cool MUDS too. Do you use a Smokey Joe lid as well? My son wants to make something else now. Keeps bugging and insisting. Once they get bitten by the bug, they are HOOKED! Congrats.

Bob

Can you imagine how good these kids are going to be when there older? Especially since there interested now.

great job, my 4yo granddaughter is asking to help now, so I am going to start teaching her. God knows her mother will never be able to boil water (I tried).

She's a cutie. The chicken looks DEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS.
Is she using some of that Frankenswine Chicken Rub :thumb: on her chicken?

Looks like the smoke is getting to her in the second pic. lol

That is awesome to see!

My daughters (5 & 3) love to help cook. Other people think that I am nuts for letting them help. But, they have fun with it and chances are they are more likely to eat it if they helped make it.

Her chicken looks awesome! Way to pass on the skills!

(edit) P.S. if you are looking for kid sized gloves, check out the gardening section. They aren't oven mitts but, they can save a burn or two.

Thanks for all the comments. It was a lot of fun seeing her get as excited about cooking as I do. Thanks for the tips on the gloves I will looks for some there.
The chicken did turn out good for her first time. The rub was just some Montreal chicken seasoning. I am out of one of the items for my rub and I can't get it here in UT. I will get it in NC next week when I am visiting some family.

Back