Meadow Creek Pig Roasters

FLAQUE

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these units cooking other meats other than the whole hog? If so, how do ribs, briskets and butts come out on them? I've searched old threads and found some info on them, just not enough. I'm going to start catering and they seem like are very versatile. Thanks for the info.

Everything is excellent, we have a pr60 and we cook pigs, briskets,butts, chicken, lamb, duck, pretty much anything we can fit in it will come out perfect. We helped out with OBR here on long island & we stuffed 40 butts in it and all cooked great! It is a well rounded machine, just don't open alot when using lump or you will have some major heat to get under control. Oh yeah we also have the second rack which helps when doing 25 -30 ribs on racks up top and chickens below, very well made and the only complaint we have is we didn't get the doors in the lid. Hope this helps..

I cook on 2 pr42s with 2nd tier racks and a pr36 with the extra rack for competition. I think they work well and give you plenty of access to what you are cooking. I think they are kind of set it and forget it once you know how much to open your dampers. They may not be insulated but due to their heavy gauge steel they hold temps pretty well.

Last edited:
I bought a PR42 last month....I was going to get the SQ36 or another brand and settled on the PR42 after calling factory and talking with a few others.

I wanted something I could cook ribs, briskets, shoulders, buttes and even a full hog. I had been borrowing one every year from a friend...different maker and style....to cook a 50lb suckling for Christmas. Things I hated about it was it had no grease catcher so flare ups were a problem....and it was a pain to add wood during the cook without opening lid or removing pig. Started checking PR42 and everything I hated about the other one I loved about the PR series.

I have done ribs twice....two full size pork shoulders.....tenderloins....chicken wings...etc. Going to do a brisket next I think...but it gets a great smoke ring. it holds the heat very even once you figure it out like any grill. If you add a bbq guru then it would be idiot proof....but I want to get it down manually before I go all auto on it. LOL

Lots of room...one bag of Royal Oak last me about 6-8 hours in mild weather...5-6 hours in cold weater less than 45*F with wind. cooks indirect heat, smokes...just great all around and very versatile cooker.

I dont have a lot of experience but will answer any questions I can and tell you how it was for a beginner and my learning curve. Good luck.

Back