A new propane griddle?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Stopped at Lowe's the other day and say this box next to the 36 inch blackstone

Blue rhino is about propane and propane accessories, its this just a rebrand?

Anyone have some hands on?

When I was looking at those commercial ones, they seem like a Camp Chef knock off more than Blackstone. I paid like 3x the amount and went with a Tejas Smoker.

Blue Rhino has a division called Mr. Bar-B-Q. They have been trying to reshuffle their line up for years. It's just sloppy brand management.

s-l1600.jpg

71eLoz-ENAL._SL1050_.jpg

This unit appears to closer to a Camp Chef model, but is significantly different. The shelves fold upwards on the Rhino, while the CC folds down. Also, the CC doesn't have folding legs. The Rhino and CC are about the same price as the CC can be found for $299 online.
Last year, I purchased the CC online for $299 and before it arrived, Walmart had the 28" Blackstone on sale for $99. I couldn't pass it up, so I bought that also, with the thought of just using it for camping as it was lighter and had folding legs. I used both through the summer, but found myself using the Blackstone all the time. The CC is built like a tank, but also because of that, it was super heavy to move around, took a long time to heat up, and I found I just didn't need all that griddle space. I like my 28" Blackstone because it is light, easy to move around, and heats up FAST. I ended up selling the CC a few months ago. If you're looking for a griddle, take a look at the Blackstone 28" or 36".

I saw one on display at the Restaurant Supply store today. Seemed pretty sturdy to the touch.

Don't have a Blackstone, so I can't compare.

That looks like a knockoff of the Blackstone 4 burner. One notable difference from the picture is the totally enclosed griddle. Seems like that would make it harder to cook on, and I'm not sure where the grease would go.

That looks like a knockoff of the Blackstone 4 burner. One notable difference from the picture is the totally enclosed griddle. Seems like that would make it harder to cook on, and I'm not sure where the grease would go.

I noticed the same thing. I'm sure they have some solution for the grease, but the lip on the front would be inconvenient.

I looked it up on the Lowes website and the grease cup is hidden and the legs do seem to fold up like the Blackstone. The shelves fold over to enclose the griddle. So far, it seems like a well thought out design.

I've purchased blue rhino products in the past, no thanks. and the customer service was crap on top of it.

Back