Best Basket for Weber Rotisserie

They really are pretty awesome. I picked up 3 of them on your recommendation and I love them. I can fit 5 on one side of my PBC, and still have the other rebar for the main course. I'm ordering 2 more this weekend. The adjustable height makes it easy to do cherry tomatoes in one, corn in another, southern style ribs in a third, etc. They're nonstick to boot. For $6.99, you can't beat'em!

wzWcPab.jpg

Hi Would these baskets fit on a 5/16 rod?
Thanks DanB

I've only ever hung them off of rebar in my PBC so I'm not sure if they would or not. The item description says they're intended for a 3/8" rod, but with a set screw, I'd guess that it would work.

They really are pretty awesome. I picked up 3 of them on your recommendation and I love them. I can fit 5 on one side of my PBC, and still have the other rebar for the main course. I'm ordering 2 more this weekend. The adjustable height makes it easy to do cherry tomatoes in one, corn in another, southern style ribs in a third, etc. They're nonstick to boot. For $6.99, you can't beat'em!

wzWcPab.jpg

Are you hanging five baskets off one rebar? Hadn't thought of that.

I've only got the 3 at the moment but I'll be ordering a couple more. Here is a pic I took when I first got the first 3 and wanted to see how they fit. I think I could probably do 6 but it would be a bit crowded.

Come to think of it, I bet I could fit 10-12 of them if I had occasion to. They're 16"x 8" which is 128 sq inches. That would put me at 1300sq inches in a smaller footprint than my Weber 22.5 which only has 363 sq inches! The baskets fit 20 wings each or 10 brats. You could do a run of 50 brats, 100wings, and still have room for ribs! It turns the PBC into a tailgating monster machine. :shock:

eiUgj70.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Would these baskets fit on a 5/16 rod?
Thanks DanB

The parts I posted above all work on a 5/16 inch rod, as well as a 3/8 inch. The thumb screw takes up the slack.

Yesterday's cook using the "F-it and G-it" big honkin' basket on the PBC:

From left to right:

1) Wings with Habernero Death Dust rub
2) A 4-lb pork loin with Plowboys Yardbird rub
3) Wings with rib rub intermingled with beer brats

(The pork loin made a good separator between the habernero wings and the more family-friendly ones :loco:)

Attachments

• bigRoti1.JPG
    bigRoti1.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 121
  • bigRoti3.JPG
    bigRoti3.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 470
Nice lazy game-day cook. Fancy 'plated' pic courtesy of the Dixie corporation :icon_blush:

Attachments

• bigRoti4.JPG
    bigRoti4.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 117
  • bigRoti5.JPG
    bigRoti5.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 114
Dumb things you do with idle hands....

Figuring I won't always have a pork loin to use as a basket divider, I decided to make a non-organic one.

Took one of those folding steamer basket things, removed all the 'petals', and enbiggened a couple of the holes in the round part. Now it fits over a roti-fork.

End result is an adjustable divider to segregate spicy wings from mild ones, with a few metal shavings thrown in to prevent iron deficiency....

Attachments

• divider1.JPG
    divider1.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 49
  • divider5.JPG
    divider5.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 49
  • divider3.JPG
    divider3.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 47
  • divider4.JPG
    divider4.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 47
I'm taking the new basket on its first spin with these.

Hot Hatch chilis

36788-albums1032-picture7141.jpg

Medium Hatch chilis

36788-albums1032-picture7142.jpg

Back