boston pork butt

brucesieg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
been away for a while with some personal items, but back cookin. tonight i'm out trying my first pork butt on my webber kettle. i rubbed yellow mustard on it first then added a dry rub mixture. every two hours spraying with canola,juice,some more rub. any thoughts out there????? or advice

Hi Brucy!! - Stay warm and drink and keep up what you're doing. Don't pull the farker off until it's at least 190 internal. If ya want, put the cooker in your truck and head over to Mary's to keep him company. Wish I was there.

my butt

thanks bro, i started about 8pm using hickory and some natural charcoal.
i am turning every two hours spraying it. how long should i keep it on for??? and yes i am drinking a bottle of don julio and some corona's. how did you know????

Re: my butt

brucesieg said:
and yes i am drinking a bottle of don julio and some corona's. how did you know????

Dun Julio! You are da man! My favorite tequila.

saiko you don't even know how much teqila we drink in my home. another good one is casadoras(deer hunter in spanish) and tres generaciones. next bretheren bash if you come, i will make sure to bring some good tequila

hmm - a brethren drinking and smoking - you do know that Brooklyn is geogrpahically part of Long Island, right? Where are you bruceiq?

in stony brook about 5 minutes from phil's house. i am on 347 vets highway.

Now you got me thinking about doing a shot. Why think - just do it! Bruce - you don't need to turn the farking thing. Time on the smoker basically depends on your pit temp and weight of the butt. Assuming you're cooking at 240-250 or so, about 75-90 minutes per pound as a guideline only - maybe even an hour per if you're lucky.. Hope you don't have a 9#'r or more...

no its one of those double shoulder- butts from costco, i just put half in maybe 4 lbs. also have a shot on me

he he .. bruce.. pork butst go for an hour:15 per lb. Mine went in at 3Pm and they are at 185 right now. they be coming out soon, but if yours went in at 8.. you aint sleepin tonight. :)

Put a 7#er on the 'dera at 2 pm yesterday afternoon and took it off at midnight when it hit 190*. Wrapped and coolered till 6:15 this morning. Just finished pulling it. Nothing like tastey Q for breakfast. Would have started it earlier in the day but yesterday morning a friend and I went out to a farm where I had been given permission to cut up and take the wood from some apple trees the farmer had bulldozed over. We cut up five trees and will be going back next saturday weather permitting to get the other three. I'll be taking that pulled but over to the farmer as a thank you. Figure it will be a good way to ensure an unending source of good fruit wood.

I had 12 butts on at 8 a.m. yesterday. They got wrapped at about 3 and all were at 190 by 6:30 p.m.. All went into the cooler until today. The cooler will be opened about 1 in the afternoon and they will still be about 160 and ready for pulling.

parrothead said:
I had 12 butts on at 8 a.m. yesterday. They got wrapped at about 3 and all were at 190 by 6:30 p.m.. All went into the cooler until today. The cooler will be opened about 1 in the afternoon and they will still be about 160 and ready for pulling.
Greg thats a lot of pulled pork to bad i'm to far away to help you with it :roll:

I love my kettle

1 boston but, 6# for 6 hours

1 4# pork loin, 6 hours.

all wood on the kettle

fall apart good

willkat98 said:
I love my kettle

1 boston but, 6# for 6 hours

1 4# pork loin, 6 hours.

all wood on the kettle

fall apart good

Do you use butt or loin to make your McRib sammiches?

racer_81 said:
Do you use butt or loin to make your McRib sammiches?

I don't make them, I buy them.

Try one with your Kentucky swill

Back