Pastrami and dino bones.... a nice day

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Had some friends coming into town so I have a good reason to do an 18lb packer brisket pastrami and a pile of beef ribs.

The brisket after curing and a washdown

Put it a big, clean bucket with a chopped up potato and filled with water. Back in the fridge for 24 hours. Fresh water, new potato then another 24hours.

Seasoned the brisket with a rub heavy on pepper and ground coriander. The ribs got a good hit of The Rub Company's Santa Maria mix.
Then covered and back in the fridge overnight.

I put the pastrami on at 11pm at 265.
It was a beautiful day.
When the IT hit 170 or so, I foiled it tightly sealed with about a half can of Liptons beef broth.

I then moved the pastrami to the MAK while foiled and put the ribs on the egg

After about 3 hours I foiled them with the other half can of beef broth. Let them ride until they were really tender (1-1/2 - 2 hours).

Here's a pic of the ribs getting served. Love dem bones.

Pastrami (oh yum)

I also made a pot of brisket baked beans. The pastrami and ribs were served with a Quinoa salad, Kale salad, Caesar salad and a corn salad. Everybody took home leftover pastrami. 18lbs goes a long way!

Great pics. Hope my brisket goes that well this weekend. BTW nice back yard.

My Man! Total awsomeness. Homemade pastrami, kick arse there Marty!:thumb:

Marty everything looks fantastic! Love your back yard too. :thumb:

Beautiful in every way Marty. My mom taught me the potato trick many years ago when I was just a kid. Always put them in frying oil to soak up the impurities. Thanks for sharing!
Jed

When I grow up I want to be just like Marty. :thumb: That looks fanfarkingtastic!! Can I move to your neighborhood and come be your pitbitch?

Back