What's your favorite Fatty Rub?

DaveMW

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What's your favorite Fatty Rub? Looking for the gold standard in fatty rub's. My wife is not interested in trying a fatty due to calories and I want to wow her with a great fatty. All the posts seem to say "roll in your favorite rub"....soooo, what is your favorite fatty rub?

I like to use Beeler's sausage and making a naked pure fatty.

I would say that Dizzy Dust salt free is good as well.

My wife is not interested in trying a fatty due to calories

Does she east b-fast sausage prepared the other way (fried?)...if so..i can't see any more calories... But I love plowboys either bovine bold or yardbird...also my own sweeter rub kinda bovine ish...but sweeter

My lips:-D. Lately I've just thrown them on naked, love 'em.

My wife is not interested in trying a fatty due to calories

I want to wow her with a great fatty.

...you are absolutely KILLING ME.

Great fatty...I'd say try Ron Jeremy. :twisted:

Ok...with that outta my system. Plowboys is good stuff. Also like to do just a light sprinkle (heavy in salt) of Lawry's or Tony Cacheres.

I roll my fatties last using all the leftover rubs at the bottom of the pan after prepping all my meats for the days smoke. I call it the Amalgamation Rub. :cool:

And Larry, it surprises me that you know who Ron Jeremy is.

Someday I am gonna try to smoke up a competition style preparation using an Amalgamation Rub, when I have done this on a lark, it has always been fantastic.

I roll my fatties last using all the leftover rubs at the bottom of the pan after prepping all my meats for the days smoke. I call it the Amalgamation Rub. :cool:

And Larry, it surprises me that you know who Ron Jeremy is.

Ron...let me know when you've learned to read and know who the he11 is who.

Old age gettin' to ya there Dog?

Does she east b-fast sausage prepared the other way (fried?)...if so..i can't see any more calories... But I love plowboys either bovine bold or yardbird...also my own sweeter rub kinda bovine ish...but sweeter

No she doesn't eat breakfast sausage for the same reason. I thought if I tell her I am smokin' a fatty and just omit what ingredients are involved I might be able to win her over with taste before she learns that it is sausage stuffed with other good ingredients. Besides the bacon weave should hide the sausage from her view.

Thanks for the advice on rubs everyone.

Ron...let me know when you've learned to read and know who the he11 is who.

Old age gettin' to ya there Dog?

Oh Crap!!!! Sorry Larry. It was that young farker Mthole. Now that makes sense. And yes Neil, old age is kicking my arse. :redface:

Back